Tuesday

 The day started with one chipmunk in the trap.  While checking out number 1 I caught sight of number 2.  So the second have a heart trap came out and less than 10 minutes later number 2 was in jail.  Doug made the comment that he has never taken two to the woods on the same trip.  Neighbor Judy caught 2 in the same trap one year.  We're not quite that good.  

                                                            Two down...? more to go.

The morning was slow and easy, and my energy bucket seemed to be holding it's own.  I moved the wee little plants to the picnic table where they would get sun all day.  They need to toughen up for their move to the garden. 

These little zinnias need to think about growing the next set of leaves.  Then I'll move them to the garden. 


Blue and white.  Such a pretty combination in many shapes and smells.  Remember the song...He's the lilly of the valley, the bright and morning star...the fairest of ten thousand to my soul.  I love bringing the outdoors in filling the small Russell vases. Beautiful flowers make food taste better.  

I walked the garden and did a little more sprucing, laying a few more rocks. It was a lazy morning with thinking about what could be done for more interest rather than doing what could be done.  


Something happened.  Once there were four.  Mother is gone.  Maybe a better nest placement decision might have helped. I don't think I've ever seen a Robins nest in a pine tree at my house. 

Today I spotted the red beets peeking through along with a few Mexican Sunflowers.  There are a few more things to keep me looking. The parsley is looking to be a bumper crop not soon but eventually. 


    Some packets are empty.  Some packets are NOT empty.  I keep working on the not empty ones. 

I moved a few things.  Pulled some weeds.  Checked out some things and decided to move a few more things but after the sun was lower in the west. I added seven more zinnia plants to the family already in place after supper.  I call them butterfly catchers.  

It's maple seed season and they seem to be found inside and outside and all around the town.  So, the patio got a blow off which included the trees as well.  Then the vacuum sweeper did a carpet job with the hope that the inside floor of the house will not look like the outside patio floor for at least a few days. 

                        The north side of the house so slow to emerge but so beautiful when it does.  

Doug is working on decreasing the size of the burning bush at the corner of the house.  It' the last bush still with us that was here when we moved.  He's taking it from its more than 12 ft height to a 4 ft. height.  I wish it was gone.  It's a work in progress.  

            Completely over grown but at least not  touching the house.  Eventually it will be fine.

So the evening finished with some zinnias finding their home for the summer.  I'm getting closer to the end of the list.  Closer but the finish line is not very close. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday