Wednesday

It was another good day.  The necessary necessity is a beautiful weather day.  Even when the clouds came by I still say it was another good day.  I had chocolate mint in my morning coffee.  That was after fixing two scrambled eggs and then dropping the plate loosing at least one or so.  I immediately thought we should have a dog.  But I got it cleaned up without a whole lot of work.  

        The iris change so much from day to day that I thought they earned another picture posting. 


There was the usual visit with Joe and Meka.  And then another walk in the garden this time with the clippers.  The thyme bed is looking neat and trim along with the parsley bed.  

I decided to start on edging one of the flower beds thinking I must stop before I pour the whole bucket of energy on the ground.  And that happened.  So a little work, a little rest on the patio and then a little work filled the morning.  

                                                            My version of free range chickens.  

I stopped for lunch and then the driver drove Miss Daisy to see Mike who clipped Miss Daisy's white mop (I call it poly fill)  into something that made her look presentable again.  Mike was in a talking mood.  I was not.  I heard a whole lot about Mike's family which was really interesting and entertaining.  His daughter has adopted two boys who are about 3 months apart in age and now under 2.  Mike called one a box baby meaning a box found at one of the fire stations around the city received this newborn.  The other little boy also has an interesting history.  

```````````````````Free range chickens make wonderful eggs but can cause a few problems.

                  They can make Hostas look like lettuce.  I told Kimmy to plant Lambs'Ear instead.


I did a little more garden work in the afternoon on a second bed.  Tomorrow they both will get their dose of Preen.  

Late afternoon I was feeling a bit lonesome for Kimmy and Jared so I asked them to send pictures.  And this is what I got .  An incubator with 12 eggs just starting to hatch Silky chicks.  They are funny looking chickens with a great top knot head of feathers.



Supper happened with a garden salad.  That really says that winter is done for now.  

Eric and Kat came by with a new to them red Jeep.  It's a beautiful car and one they have earned after 17 years with their Honda Odessey.  

And then it was the return of another quiet evening.  Such a treat.  




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Thursday