Wednesday.

 Another day with a lot of stuff going on but the day started with a slow go.  Doug got to sleep in.  I had a quiet start.  No rush out the door for us this morning.   I spent some time watching the Blue Birds.  There was a lot of flying going on making me think that there were eggs hatching this morning.  I didn't check it out but the adults certainly were making trips to the mealworms and then back to their box.  

                                                            A blue bird in flight.  So pretty.

                                                Mr. is checking out the meal worm feeder. 


                    A 7 PM check told me that my morning suspicions were correct.  We have babies. 

At 10:30 we headed to I U North to visit with the Heart PA to hear about the two week heart monitor report.  And the report was that Supraventricular Tachycardia was still occurring but no change in medication was thought needed.  It was a surprise to me because I felt nothing that would have alerted me to that hick-up.  So once again, cautious doctors are making a difference. Next heart appointment is in Nov. 

                            Red Bellied is never far away appearing at least two or three times a day. 

On the way home we stopped at the drugstore to check on diabetic medicine availability.  It wasn't there.  I made phone calls when home again.  Monjovia is being used for weight loss.  I need it for diabetic management.  It's really popular and not on the drugstore shelves. Grr.


Wed. is lawn service afternoon.  So the lawn got a cut and I piddled around with the shovel doing some edging. More butterfly weed plants are appearing in what seems to be an empty spot near Mr. Doodle Do.

The afternoon was mine to do what I wanted.  So, I bundled up, grabbed the shovel and did some flowerbed work.  Then I moved on to a couple of other areas, digging out and replanting, sprucing up and clipping away.  My kind of afternoon that I love but always run out of gumption.  That always helps me to spread the work out over time which I would forget to do if gumption stayed around.  

This area got a little attention.  All the plants in this area come up by themselves. There is no room for annuals.  This lazy gardener loves that.  The coral bells are at their best.  My favorite Sum and Substance Hosta with huge leaves is to the left of the urn. To the right of the urn is a beautiful plant called Bears Breeches. It's one of my favorite plants.  I look for volunteers every year allowing a few to be scattered throughout the garden. 

There was a little TV with eyes shut.  Then supper with delicious beef vegetable soup.  More walks in the garden thinking about tomorrow and gumption.   There will be another doctor visit, this time meeting the new neurologist.  That's the end of doctor visits for a while.  I'm blessed to have all of them but happy to give them time to help other folks.  


                 I planted this lettuce last fall.  It was delicious and to my surprise some of it wintered over.                                                 That makes the garden full of interesting surprises

Today I'm grateful for many things, one being gumption that I think was well used.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Thursday