Friday

 Up early with a pretty good night of sleep.  Thanks, body!  I had breakfast and walked the garden looking for things and finding some things new.  Seeds are sprouting.  The zinnias got another shot of dust.  I hope one more will do it.  Little bugs like little tender things to eat.  

Midway through the morning it was time to take action if there was going to be some concerning all that was available for the church plant swap on the 19th.  It's always good to work ahead a bit giving the plants a chance to get comfortable in their little pots days or sometimes weeks before the swap.  The morning and part of the afternoon was spent digging and watering.  There should be 10 small contributions. I've located two more bigger plants that will go in the icecream 2 gal containers.  I'm done with that job for 2024.  

Tomorrow is Bread and Bowl work day.  I needed to get the bags for takeout food ready.  That job is such a slow one trying to open plastic bags that don't want to open.  So, it's better to do it here than tomorrow when there are more important things to do during the morning time available.  

We made a soup delivery to the Schillings.  Rita has a wonderful garden table filled with onions, radishes, and 5 kinds of lettuce.  There are giant tomato plants growing along with herbs and zinnias.  The black eyed Susan's were needing a little help.  The bugs were having a feast and need to be uninvited.  Tonight we picked up Eric at Broad Ripple and on the way stopped in with the get out of Dodge (Nora) dust.  

During the time spent looking for plants to share it became apparent that the woodland for-get-me nots were once again taking over the beds covering up a whole lot of things.  I love the blue flowers but the big leaves are just to much.  It happens every year.  I dig out and back they comes.  This plant knows all to well how to reproduce itself. So, the cycle once again needed attention.  I dug a whole lot and I think I heard a big sigh coming from the liberators.  There is more to go but at least I've passed the starting line.  That's a great feeling.  

The Piliated was back again at the suet and even hung on the peanut feeder.  Mr. B Bird flew in.  The sparrows were here until Mr. B appeared.  

Tonight ,I'm tired but should I be surprised?  Don't think so.  It will be easy to sit still. Muscles have been used and that's a good thing.  So for another day of making a difference with something to show for the effort, Thank You God.  I am happy to deal with all that work brings.  

 \I still need to report that the clouds must be full of pictures not wanting to take any more.  Grrr.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Saturday.