Wednesday.


Stunning and another iris from the church plant swap a few years ago complements via Nicci and Paul.

 I remember seeing the garbage trucks this morning...it is Wednesday.  And it is lawn mowing day.  That's another sign that it's Wednesday.  Retired folks need those markers. 

                                        So many textures and shapes and colors.  I see yellow

                                                            Yellow false indigo, DC


Another great night of sleeping.  I'm holding my breath that I didn't jinks tonight by saying that.  This morning was the blue bell morning.  I thought long and hard about pushing my luck by making space for the snapdragons.  So, it was a go in my mind for some of the bluebells to go to their happy hunting ground.  Not all but some.  And now the five snapdragons have their feet in the ground.  

                                            So tiny now but will be beautiful by mid July.

Visitors were here overnight on the patio table tipping the vases over along with the snapdragons.  They were growing in an L shape in 8 hours.  Gravity will correct that eventually.  Dianthus now fills the vases.  It was time for the Lily of the Valley to move on. 

                            Russell vases once again holding beautiful flowers.

So the morning was spent with bluebell pulling, clover weeding, dahlia wire staking, liberating what needed liberating and breathing fresh air.  And once again I knew it was wet feet season.  Dew on the grass told me so. Missing those early hours in the garden would be such a loss. I discovered that the B Birds have fledged.  The box is empty and it remains to be seen if a second family is planned.  The sparrows are back.  


                               Keeping Doug busy for sure. Two hotels are ready for occupancy.

Another morning of work that really tuckered me out.  My mind told me it was library time.  But first we needed to make a stop at the park.  Yup another little CMunk needed transportation so on the way that happened.  In fact there were three trips to the park today.  Doug is thinking of applying a gas tax to to the CMunk transportation fee.  

                                                                                Reading

So, we continued north on Gray Rd. to 126th street to see the newest round-about art Rock-Paper-Scissors.  It's really cute. Then on to the library.  Doug went to the fiction and I to the nonfiction.  He came looking for me and knew I would be in the garden section.  I'm loaded with a lot of interesting things to look at.  

        The library also has a seed library.  Up to 15 packets are available.  No return policy is in place! 

Then back home where the chair took care of me for a while.  Aldi's was next and with Doug pushing the cart and me throwing things as fast as possible.  Waiting for a shopper to check every cottage cheese container for the date almost pushed me to the brink.  

                                                    Super tonight.  More cooking tomorrow.  

Supper was the last of the celery, asparagus, etc. soup but tonight I added tarragon and parsley.    Interesting taste that will be repeated. One of the library books is all about herbs.  I was surprised to find that many of them are in the garden. 

                                                    I steeped some mint tea for supper. 

So a busy day with a lot of interesting things happening.  The garden can set for a few days keeping my eyes peeled for whatever is happening, but I think the shovel and rake will stay relatively quiet. It's time for books.  After supper I spotted the first tiny basil plants. Tonight, the Pacers are playing the second play off game.  Should be interesting. 

But God has promised, strength for the day and rest for the weary. Busy days bring on the wearies. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday