Tuesday

 First...Pickle Pillows.  I have no idea what caused pickle pillows to be on their wish list.  Go figure and tell me if you know.  Some things are a waste of time for me to figure out. I just do instead of think.  Easier that way.  

                So many different colors from the same plant.  Sometimes it just blows my mind. 

This morning was filled with do.  This afternoon a nap in the chair. It's all about contrast these days. 

An early morning eye candy.  I just can't seem to stop taking pictures of this beautiful flower.  So I keep on.  

Once again, I am blessed when walking through the garden in the stillness of the morning.  The flowers seem to be ready to hear everything I have to tell them.  And there is a lot to say.  It's a good thing I'm an early bird and there by myself.  

Now isn't this the perfect place to wake for the warm sun to chase away the sleepy night.  My imaginations say perfect but not being a bumblebee might make a difference.  You think?

Pretty Four O'clock in the morning.  Should I choose to take pictures of yellow or white, or red Four O'clock? It's a hard decision when they all are so pretty. 

I thought about grabbing a lawn chair and just sitting for a while with all the good I was seeing but I moved on. There is music in the garden.  But one must be silent to hear it.  

It was red beet time and when checking them realized that someone else thought beets were delicious.  The bunny rabbit took care of the leaves that grew back but clearly the beets themselves had been eaten.  Good grief.  Next year I'll plant two packages of beets.  We'll have more than one meal.  

            Small crop but good enough for me.  Anticipation abounds and reminds me of home in Ohio.

The Mennonite cookbook came down from the shelf and it's Harvard Beets tonight for supper.  Yum, yum.  I was a bit miffed when I discovered Doug had used all the vinegar cleaning out the coffee pot.  It needs replacing.  I found some OLD vinegar in the cupboard.  Does it go bad?  I hope not. 

A little sugar, a little vinegar, a little corn starch a little water with a pinch of salt boiled in the pot for 5 minutes. Pour this over the cooked beets letting it set for at least 30 minutes.  So simple and so good.  If there is vinegar and sugar...sour and sweet...it's GERMAN food.  Good enough for me.  

The morning also included a whole lot of ripping fabric.  Enough for 34 burps this time. I could do more but there certainly is enough ripped to march on to another 100 burps, guaranteed. It was a ripping roaring two sheet morning.  
                                                                        Peace to all.  

After the beets disappeared from the garden and the Winter Savery got a good trimming I prepared the ground for a fall planting of leaf lettuce.  I had a little sense this spring and bought extra lettuce for fall planting.  Fall lettuce packets have been hard to find.  So. planting happened again and later in the day, after the nap I watered that area of the garden.  Everyone else needs to wait for God rain. Water is heavy.
                            Hope springs eternal.  Gardeners never doubt.  Well, maybe sometimes. \
This afternoon while sitting on the patio I texted Jared sharing the beautiful view I was experiencing.  He texted back...
                                    I told him he needed to wait for retirement for my view.

Patty dropped by with some delicious chicken soup.  Woo, woo.  Easy supper for me.  Lately its either a day of energy or a day of NO energy.  I'll take what I can get.  Woo...I had two days of energy in a row.  I'm happy for that.  Well, half days.  I'm still happy.  

And Doug asked if there was a possibility of more Harvard Beets.  He's in luck even if he used all the vinegar with no replacement.  I am in his boat for another meal.  It must be the sugar vinegar combination.  It sure hit the spot with Patty's soup. 

           Fresh flowers on the table for supper.  I'll miss these friends, but I'll have their pictures. 

So an evening of TV.  Lots of returning interesting folks with the D Convention.  I just can't stay awake to hear them all.  So, I catch up sort of in the morning. The second pickle still to do.  I've got to get motivated. 

Comments

  1. Beautiful colors - in the flowers AND those luscious Harvard beets! ! ! ! ! Go, Harvard!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Saturday.