Saturday.

 So what happened today.   Here goes! 

The night wasn't to bad.  I did a lot of waking up but then I did a lot of going back to sleep.  I'll take it.  And once again the morning came around 5:30.  I did a slow wake up with the TV, breakfast and more T was nursing a sore hip so I just took it easy.  That happens more than not so I wasn't surprised.  I expected it to go away and it did..

Ms. Daisy needed to wake up the driver to get her on the way to church and soup kitchen.  We were a wee bit later than usual but still in great shape.  So I did all the early stuff that I usually do getting a whole lot of things started but there was plenty that needed starting as well when the whole crew arrived.  Sarah Ellen and I fill the "clam" with the hot meal and I like to that that ready for her arrival so we can power into the job asap.  

There were 8 of us and we finished all the preparation around 10:40. The doors open at 11:00.  And we had a lot of guests. The line was long and we did not run out of food.  All were fed.  Sometimes I think of the 5000 story in the Bible.  We think the food will not last through the hour but it always seems to.  

Heidi and I checked out the sanctuary for tomorrow's service and there were things to fix and we fixed what was needed.  There is a new banner at the pulpit and the altar flowers are stunning once again given by the Canes.  

Dr. James gave me a better understanding about what my cancer medicine is doing for me.  It was so helpful. He takes such good care of me. A friend I've needed many times. His wife is Heidi who is also a Nurse Practitioner.  I am so fortunate. 

The driver once again arrived, and we were on our way home.  True to form a busy morning means a slow afternoon.  So it was napping and more TV with Michigan football but mostly napping.  

I spent some time cutting about a third of the fabric we found at Goodwill yesterday.  More really pretty burps on the way.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Saturday.