Thursday

 It was a very short night.  I remember seeing 2:30 on my watch.  Some nights are like that because of medication.  So it is what it is again.  Thank goodness for time today to take it slow and easy.  Some folks aren't that lucky.  

                The rooster has moved inside bring a few of his hens and chicks with him.  Welcome!

The day started at 6:30 with breakfast and a little TV.  I did some texting with Adam.  He sent pictures and related that he's having trouble with pain after having one of those wonderful nerve blocks.  It's a learning curve that brings big surprises when adjusting pain pills. He has a pretty impressive 16 staples. Surgery and the accompany pain is difficult for adults let alone a teenager.  Hang in there Adam. 


                                    This is what 100 burps look like.  Babies are waiting. 

I spent the morning sewing finishing up the 10 that I started yesterday with the last phase of sewing and then starting and finishing the next 10 burps.  It was a whole morning of sewing with finishing the next 100 burps.  That a total of 1300 burps for Goodwill babies.  I'm happy to contribute to their well fare. 

                            What a helper.  Stella carries my loot.  She's a great pardoner in crime. 

It was lunch time and then Stella and I bundled up again taking another walk around the block.  This time it was a short block walk.  I did a little snipping of two cattails I found keeping in mind that come Sunday the responsibility for altar arrangements is mine again. I'll do those arrangements Saturday morning at church.  It was beautiful weather for a walk.  Arriving home again I checked the results of frost damage from last night's chill.  I had noticed this morning frost on the roof and frost in the lower area of the yard on the north side of the house.  The flowers in the garden area were untouched so there should be dahlias, artemisia, hydrangea and lots of grasses.  Doug took me to a ditch on the north side of the Y where more cattails were growing, and I picked a few more.  I sprayed them with the hope that even though they are on the verge of exploding, they will wait till Monday.


                                                    Fingers crossed that this works.  

The afternoon was slow and easy. The inability to command control of the car certainly has slowed my going where I want to go. I'm looking forward to making a change hopefully in November when a neurologists visit happens. My effort to keep things simple are being tested.  Bummer.  


                                    A wonderful addition to the kitchen.  There are a lot of seeds. 

            Leslie's little chair gift to me could use some paint but right now I'll call this chair actor. 

Slow came to a screeching halt. The reality of the messy north side of the house really became a reality I thought I could do something about.  So, around 4 I got the wheelbarrow, shovel and rake and started to dig Susans.  She had taken over the north side as if no one mattered but her.  The shovel proved her wrong.  I dug everyone out but know that next spring she'll show up some place again.  The wheel barrow is full but I packed two more huge piles on top of the full and pushed it in to the garage.  

                        I should have taken a before picture.  No, that would have been embarrassing.

Tomorrow is another day!  Then there is the long front of the house where Susan also has a huge family.  I'm sending them back to where they came from. They are illegal in my garden. Sounds like someone's hype I have heard a lot lately.  

Then it was time for whatever was going to happen. Supper was over. The program for the evening was unannounced and that's the way I liked it.  Just give me my electric throw and I'm happy.  Humm...Thursday, there might be football. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Saturday.