Tuesday

 Another great night of sleep.  Then oatmeal for breakfast and a little TV to see what folks think is happening.  Oh, yes.  There is big time Milton with the hope that folks are thinking about safety.  Right now, that would appear to be the case.

I checked my texting messages, and the great Judy B. sent me the following that happened last night.  Woo.  I told her I'm so glad she caught them because then I get to see what she saw.  That's a great surprise gift for the start of the day.  

                                                As seen at Copper Harbor last night.

I got busy with flannel and spent the morning with two half sheets that will make 22 burps.  

                                                            Sweet little owls this time. 

Doug got two other flannel pieces in the washing machine for me.  I'm hoping that helps to eliminate some of the loose threads I created when taking out seams.  Ripping and folding took all of the morning.  No sewing machine work today so more time will get me to the finish line. 

 Late afternoon when visiting the Nora Goodwill I found another great very heavy flannel sheet.  There is enough flannel in the sewing room to keep me out of trouble for a while.  





Soup fixings and more from the Amish grocery store.  One of these days perhaps when the snow flies  one of these may be on the table.  Right now...playing in the dirt is a little more fun. 

I texted Heidi and set a time to work at church tomorrow getting things in place for the Sunday service.   

There is about 15 inches of good old dirt now between the rocks and Susans.  There could be some room for bright, beautiful, short zinnias.  We'll see. Nice Superior rocks line many but not all of the beds.  
                They are coming on strong now.  We ran out of time to visit Daliah Hill.  Bummer. 

The morning was a bit chilly but when it warmed up after lunch, I got busy with gardening stuff.  I finished more edging and then did some what I call major digging out of Susans once again.  She just spreads herself where she is not needed or wanted.  So, what needed more space now is in better shape for being happy next spring.  I'm not finished with gardening jobs, but I'm finished today with digging.  No dizzies today.  I was a bit more careful with the sun and heat.  


                                                                  More rocks uncovered.

                                                More to uncover.  I would call this a mess.

Doug spent time filling one B Blue and I half-filled another B Blue getting ready for garbage day tomorrow.  I think he has finished with all the pickup after the wind storm a few weeks ago.  I still have a few miles to go with garden trash. 

So it was pretty much a usual day.  A simple supper of pan cakes and applesauce was easy.  That's what I needed.  The surprise?  I would say seeing the northern lights first thing in the morning sent via Judy.  What a treasure. 

Photographed at Lake Medora where the loons sing, the night sky is a stunner, the sunsets are beautiful, and the fish are jumping.  Judy and Gary hang out there in the summer.  Huge amounts of snow send them back to Sterling, Michigan every fall. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Saturday.