Wednesday

                                           Not many Asters left but I'm loving what I have.

Trash day.  And this morning I added the third B. Blue to the two at the street.  There was a waiting pile in one of the gardens that Doug missed.  It's been twice missed so now it is no longer with us, but more piles are taking its place.                                            

You guessed correctly.  It's the start of the next addition for the B Blues.  They are hungry.

I did more fussing with the flannel, washing some, ripping some and then late afternoon there was folding some.  More flannel is ready for the next step, whatever that might be.  

After an easy morning, at 10 we headed to Habig's for some potting soil and a yellow petunia and then on to church.  Heidi and I worked for about an hour getting things set for the Sunday service.  Darren is using one of St Francis' writings about creation and with a little work there will be a visual for each part of the litany. It's such a good feeling to get things in place near the beginning of the week in case there needs to be something changed. So far, we're finished and ready.  And did I take pictures?  Nope.  Forgot.

On the way home we made a drugstore stop for me at Walgreens and then about 30 minutes later we made a Meijers stop for Doug.  I checked out the protein drink that Dr. Schneider talked about and brought some home to try.  He's all for it and I am on days that food is a chore.  So, it's Muscle Milk with 25 gr. of protein.  Five more than I've taken in the past when I used protein drinks after my head surgery.  

I felt an urge to do more rock edging and that happened and then I really did a good clip out, dig out, rake out to another bed.  It's not quite finished but it's close.  I started when it was hot and decided that I would finish when it was cool.  That happened.  I'm thinking.


                             A few ornamental grasses to cut down and a few more Susans to dig.                                                                                  A little more rock edging to clean up.

And in the in-between time soup making happened.  So, I can choose from split pea and ham or cream of broccoli.  The house really smelled wonderful.  I'd like to do some chili tomorrow but need some onions.  Humm...might need to use my Ms. Daisy voice. 

 

                                                        A few more Michigan pictures. 

I named the black chicken Amish chickens.  They even have feathers down their legs like socks.  

This is Doug trying to eat.  He's the only one who ever has fed Wyatt at the table.  And of course, Wyatte has never forgotten that.  So, we just say to Doug...Deal with it.  And he does.  

So, there was soup supper, and a slow evening wrapped up again in my electric throw.  My best buddy ever. One of these days we'll turn on the heat.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Saturday.