Tuesday
Early morning once again. They just keep coming and I just keep on keeping on. I've learned to really enjoy the quiet mornings with the simple routine that comes with it. At times the nights could be longer but I've learned to deal with that also.
These sure look better after a little attention was given this morning. Their move from another bed sure make them happy bloomers that doubled in height and width.I spent a little time in the patio garden sorting out what needed to go from what needed to stay. A July garden starts to look a little raggedy, Some things were covering up other things. Not a good look.
Today was a visit with Dr. Lauren Baker. I've seen her for many years and love her a whole lot. No matter what sugar numbers happen to be she always has a huge positive attitude that rubs off on to me. Today the report continues to be a good one. She answered a lot of questions. Ordered a little blood work done whenever and I'll see her again in 4 months.
Tomorrow I'll see surgeon Dr. Beardon. Dr. Beardon and Dr. Baker were in med school together. Small world I would say. The beat continues this week and then there will be a little time away from the Docs.
A pretty purple flower that will turn into a beautiful purple egg plant. Awesome.And after the visit I was on to Rosie's to see what annuals might fill a few places I vacated in the morning. I did find some surprises after I did the morning sorting. So a pot with 6 zinnias came home and two Lantanas. Both tough little choices that should last till the frost. What went with those purchases was a commitment to get these plants in the ground as soon as possible. They spent enough time in their pots.
Early afternoon was planting time. Woo, a little warm I would say but not as warm as a few weeks ago. I transplanted Soral to the herb garden. It needed more room. I gave it plenty of water but I'm sure it was in shock.
I'm wondering if I'll see a little transplant forgiveness by the morning. It certainly is not evident now.I cut all six zinnia plants apart and found places for them as well as the two lantana. I'm satisfied with the results and will watch them filling their space.
I whipped back some other things so that a very small dahlia could get some afternoon sun. It's a tiny one but I'm sure it will survive. My friend Laurel says all they want to do is grow. They do that well.
All of that lead to another cool shower which was greatly enjoyed. And you guessed correctly. There was sleepy time gal stuff happening when I cooled off.
I watched a little TV. Made supper and Doug was the go between guy for Eric once again. Eric usually rides his bike in the summer getting a shower after arriving in the morning. The shower room at work has not been available so it's bus time. But starting tomorrow it's back on the bike with a shower after arriving.
After supper I walked the garden taking pictures and finishing the blog and then on to evening stuff as usual. It's been a good day. No complaints Just good stuff. Kimmy sent pictures, some of which are posted and some not. Today started out feeling like the 40's up north. We once called that a two sweat shirt day. The sky is blue and the water looks great. Another fine day at C H. for them. Now for some extras. Kimmy is proving true to her promise of pictures.
Comments
Post a Comment