Friday

 

                                      Dahlias still showing their best side. I see some tired leaves.

The morning was all about burps.  There were seventy to work on.  The next thirty needed a sheet for backing.  So the machine did the first sew around and then the scissors did the trimming.  The fabric scraps were deposited in the recycling bin.  Turning the right side to the outside was the next thing that needed to happen. I declared a break time.  But after the break...all seventy were turned ready for the iron.  Then more sewing and folding.  Woo...finishing is on the way.

            Volunteer Cherry Tomatoes available for the picking.  I'm over tomatoes for this year.                                                     I'm happy to save a chair for whom ever wants to occupy it.  

The morning brought some cooler weather so I waited till the temperature was a little more to my liking to take the leap to the outside.  The hedge trimmer came out and all of the Hosta's that were heat beaten got their fall leaf trim.  I fed the B Blue.

Not to far in the future, the ornamental grasses will be no more.  That's sad but if left for spring, they turn brittle during the winter and spread themselves hither and yon. It's a mess for sure.


                                     A first time Dahlia bloomer. They come in all sizes and shapes.

There was way to much chair time this morning so off to the Y was the order I heard in my head.  A mile in 30 minutes and 10 more minutes on the Nu Step.  I think that's enough exercise for two days.  Woo.  They Y was almost empty and that's the way I like it.  2 pm made that happen.  I was surrounded by sleepy old men!  


                                        A unique find around the old maple tree stump.

That Y trip included first a Goodwill stop OF COURSE!  No sheets would work but I did find a light weight fleece top for me.  It's GREEN.  Really GREEN.  Something different for sure.  I'm thinking really cold winter right now.  Medicine and snow sometimes makes the body colder than usual.. And Doug likes the house cool in the winter so I'm getting ready for that.

The rest of the day was filled with visiting with neighbor Rachel and daughter.  Some burp ironing happened There was more yard clean up with more to come. Supper happened and the rest of the day was planned to be spent in the chair or something close to that. There are more WNBA games tonight. Woo.  Busy day with more to come.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monday

66

3 plus 1 = Jared...Dee.