Monday

I love Mondays.  Why?  I'm not sure but the whole week is ahead of me all clean and ready for what is to come.  Yes.  I love Mondays.  


        From the kitchen window.  Mrs. Downy is visiting again having  a late dinner in the garden.

And today was a fun day.  I left a few things behind.  No sewing, No ripping fabric. Just 10 minutes of filler knitting.  I was in the car going places.  My mind was doing some different thinking.  It was a fun day. I needed a change.

                                                                Fresh flowers on the table.  

The first trip out was south to 38th and Meridian street meaning church.  I chose to do some visual things by myself.  It was time to think and time to try something else.  Did I like what I tried or did I tell myself...do better or just scrap the idea. Something lost was found and needed for the coming weekend.  Yeah! I talked awhile with Darren about one of those ideas and I think it will work for next Sunday's worship experience. He worked out more details.  

I packed away this past Sunday's visuals and proceeded a bit on to next Sunday's visuals. Still unfinished but a team of workers is gathering Thursday for the finishing touches.  I'm excited.  One thing we're using are polished rocks created by Lake Superior found at Hunter's Point.  That was a favorite spot for us when we vacationed in the UP.  Jared and family find themselves on that beach gathering rocks for me most every year.  Those are wonderful memories.\

  

                                                        This will be packed away tomorrow.  

I did some other straightening up and left church with a good feeling of making a difference and a good start for more Thursday work with the crew.  

Home for lunch.  I spent the afternoon again on the road stopping at H H looking for 30% off yarn.  Once again on the wrong week.  The sale is every other week with next week having the discount.  I've been wrong on more than one visit lately.  I'm using the second part of the last skein of yarn I have in the basket.   I did purchase for half price some small wreaths to use at the base of the advent candles.  We'll need to perk them up with ribbons and berries but we have a good base to start with.  

Off to Office Depot looking for small plastic stands adding words to church displays.  I found four and Doug is going to do some fancy writing...Remember your baptism, to add to displays for Sunday and beyond. 

Then down the road to see my Carmel BEST Friend Kathy.  There just aren't enough words to describe what she means to me.  We talked for about an hour or more and then we were off to see her dahlias.  So beautiful!  She's my mentor for sure for many reasons just one being DAHLIAS. I took some flowers from our garden to Kathy but no dahlias.  Her dahlias are stunning.


                     Yes, two of more than I could count some hiding and some not, dining together. 

Then home again after more than a few hours.  What a wonderful morning and afternoon with something different and refreshing.  A change of routine is always good like a true vacation might bring to a person. And then...there is Monday night football!!!!!! I call this a blue ribbon day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monday

66

3 plus 1 = Jared...Dee.