Saturday
I give today a 10. It's the best score when numbers go from 1 to 10. 10 being the best! There was a lot of do and a whole lot of energy to go with the do. What could be better? Nothing!!
An evil looking grass hopper. I remember playing with them when a child.The day started with breakfast, of course! Then I spent the morning sitting at the sewing machine on the same chair at my machine that my great mentor Doris sat on at her sewing machine. She is never far away in my mind while sewing. In fact if the bobbin runs out at exactly the right time, I say that's a Doris Douglas. It happens once in a while. Sometimes I feel like she is in the room looking over my shoulder.
I started on the last sewing go around needed on the burps. There were seventy burps in line ready for the machine.. I completed the seventy before lunch. That was a huge accomplishment not sure when I started if that could happen. But it did. My last spool of white thread was opened and later in the morning I texted Kat with the thread need. She passes that on to Amazon and I have more Gutermann thread delivered in a day or two after ordering. Amazon is the only place I can find big white spools. JoAnn was my provider. My goal is 100 burps again and it will happen next week.
Seventy ready but thirty still needed.
I wanted to do something different in the afternoon. I needed a machine break. With such beautiful weather I knew it would be outside doing more cleaning up in the garden. That lasted about four hours. Woo. With weather like today the garden work was "easy". I accomplished a lot of snipping and digging and filling the garden cart which lead to another big blue stuffed to the top. Two mint plants were out of control. A lot of that is in the B Blue. Zinnia plants with no flowers gone. Out! Over the hill Verbena out, out. I've earned an up tick in my garden grade. I should have at least a B+ Then on to another place where there needed a change. Butterfly Bush was trimmed back letting in more sunlight for the dahlia. The walk way was cleared making it walkable. One of our neighbors has b blues he's not using. I'm sure filling another one would be easy. I would say it was a bit difficult to stop working. There are a few piles needing to be collected at this point even after I made an attempt to stop. There is always more to do.
What was left of the afternoon was Ohio State Football. Purdue Football and tonight Indiana Football. And what could go while watching FB might be more ripping fabric for the last 30 burps. Always busy.
Tomorrow is church. We're picking up Noah. His parents are in Goshen visiting Andrew at school. No other plans for the day. And yes. The sanctuary is ready for WWC.
Comments
Post a Comment