Thursday
Another interesting day with a lot of variety. Super good sleep with wake ups but back to sleep without an hour or more long break. That's just fine. I watched a little Joe with the thought I need to make better use of my time. No new news seemed to be the order of the day. So I gave thirty burps their first go around on the sewing machine. The machine told me it needed a break so I was off to church for a morning of finishing up for the weekend.
It was Heidi, Laurel and I this morning. Many loose ends got woven into the baptismal workshop on Saturday and Sunday. I would say all is well and ready. Darren ask that we be observers during both days so it seems I'll be a church lady on the weekend.
I left church at 12:30 and headed to H H for another skein of yarn. Knitting Saturday and Sunday afternoon will be a filler for me.
Then back home for lunch with the afternoon agenda being soup making and of course crouton making. It was chicken fresh vegetable soup with a lot of chopping. We had that for supper with more in the refrigerator for another day.
Rescued from a summer on the picnic table. Empty spots are covered with Hens and Chicks. Two succulents are leaning far over the side of the container. We'll see how that works. So far, so good.I ended the afternoon with knitting hoping to finish another scarf later this evening. The knitting I'm taking to church Saturday needs to be just simple knitting, not where it's a bit complicated with places I can drop stitches. I hate it when that happens.
The delivery of protein drinks and cancer meds arrived at the door this afternoon and now all stored where I can access them easily. The beat goes on and I am grateful.
And another day when the garden work didn't happen. I made a trip around the garden but that was about it for today. Oh, well. Tomorrow is another day. It just could still happen this week. A friend is coming by one of these days to liberate a patch of Lenten Roses. I'll keep just a few plants. That's my new place for Dahlias next spring. I'm a bit tired of seeing green for 12 months of the year also with hidden flowers in a bed just outside the kitchen window. I spotted 5 caterpillars on the parsley pot near the patio late afternoon. Some days they hide. Some days they don't. OR I'm just not looking in the right place with eyes that can't find them.
Some Monday work with many things dug out while others are not still bringing interest.So, I've been gifted with another enjoyable work day. Although there was no rain, I'm reminded of the song...Showers of blessings. I have had many showers. I think they must be dry in feel.
Comments
Post a Comment