Tuesday

 

                                    I guess sun and peppers go together for this little friend.

Today, Tuesday has been almost as good as Monday.  Woo. Two days in a row.  There was one exception.  Tuesday was fueled with less sleep.  Four hours isn't the same as seven or eight.  Dah!  But I'm fine.  Night isn't very far away and we'll see what it brings.  Probably more surprises. 

                                            Straw flowers...a great pumpkin orange.

I filled the morning with ripping fabric prepared for more burp construction sometime soon.  I discovered  that ripping is like one of my PT exercises.  Some times the sheets are tough to rip which makes ripping even a better PT workout. So doing one thing really is like doing two things.  Fabric tearing and PT.  Pretty funny to come up with that analogy.  I worked with fabric until it was time to leave for the real PT.  My friend Diana was my tormentor this morning.  She was wonderful working on my neck when turning my head to the right.  That's a tough one and one that bothers me the most.  Loose was the goal and she got there.  Now how long until it ceases up again.  We've got to work for more permanency. Home work will help a lot.  

                                                Another treasure from Lake Superior.

There was lunch and then Doug and I were off to Noblesville for early voting.  This is the first day for Hamilton County folks. We were hoping for no line but who could predict.  Not us for sure.  There was almost no line and there were many voting machines and ALL were busy.  Folks kept up a steady pace of keeping all machines busy while we were in the voting room.  We made our choices and now I can put voting on the shelf for November.  That's a good feeling. We started voting early a few years ago and I'll never go back  to the November day if I can help it.  


                                    The fairy world needs to find a place in the garage very soon.

It was a lovely drive to Noblesville with the sun steady and warm and the trees beginning to change color. Traffic was light.  Just the right kind of day to make the trip. I stopped at H H to check on their yarn offerings for something new. I would say same old same old.  No different than Carmel.  I dropped Doug off at home and went on to Aldi's for a few things which turned into a bit more than a few.  Who would have thought!  But I survived on my own doing all the cart pushing and packing up.  

I thought today would be a yard cleaning day but I ran out of minutes.  I did bring in all the plants that had summered outside doing a bit of transplanting where needed.  The big clear marble that weighs so much made it from the garden to the dining room table.  That thing is a beast to move.  I so happy that's done.  


A few years ago neighbor Kathy surprised me with a bowl of succulents and an jade plant in the middle of the bowl.  They out grew their space.  The jade stayed with the smaller succulents moving to another place.  All are doing well.  It's be a pleasure to watch them grow, some even blooming. Some spaces were filled with Hens and Chicks. The rooster is standing along side, never far away. 



I put together another good pan of croutons baked in the oven.  They are so addictive.  I'm hiding some of them.  Yesterday's croutons have all disappeared.  I couldn't find any good crackers for soup so the croutons are a great substitute.  Maybe even better than the not to be found saltless new favorite crackers.

I gathered together a bucket full of Hunter's Point rocks for Sunday making sure they are clean.  Most things are when washed by Lake Superior.  But dirty rocks would not be appropriate for the Sunday service.  They are all clean and in the car for our Thursday work session.  That's one way not to forget them. 


Supper is soup again.  My grocery list reflected that salad days may be almost over with the season of soup drawing near.  We haven't turned on the heat in the house at this point.  In fact, one of our summer fans is still in the bedroom window meaning the window is still open.  I love that at night.  So there are long sleeves and a fleece jacket in the morning that disappears as the day warms.  The changing season is invigorating. 

Yes... Tuesday has been almost as good as Monday.  I would say it's in the area nearly being a tired score.  Onward and forward to Wednesday.  Maybe I'll get to the yard work again. The third try might do it. That is after the chill is off the pumpkin.  Did I get that right?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monday

3 plus 1 = Jared...Dee.

66