Not..so what nor so there but so that!

 Knowledge with prayer  so that  healing,  leading to new life may be restored in due time..  Thinking about the sermon this morning given by our preacher of the morning at North United Methodist Church Indianapolis.  It's worth listening to more than once.  So well crafted, with meaning for the listener. 

Not to many old or new health information items to share on the blog today.  The airplane is preparing to land.  I will not let it run out of gas.  It will land.  Spent time at church yesterday with Bread and Bowl and a fine small group of workers.  Dr. James Horton...a coworker answered a few more mundane questions.  My evaluation of my questions.  Kids came by in the afternoon with the phone case.  Red in color of course.  

Ann also stopped by yesterday with a wall or easel piece of art.  Grand daughter Jill scribe on canvas  Life is not waiting for the storm to pass  but learning to dance in the rain.  If readers remember, I found those words on a piece of paper stuck to the wall during my first visit to see  Dr. Patrick Moore whom I have titled  my primary cancer doctor.  Those words are now on a small easel on the dining room table. That room is well traveled when leaving the kitchen.   I will read those words often and have committed them to memory.  

I called two  dear friends, the Wanners, Janet and Chuck.  Janet was on the staff at North a few years ago  Chuck shared that Janet also has those same words...Life is not waiting...stitched on a pillow.  Janet has had many health problems but is "powering through".  Janet and Chuck are both anchors for me.  

Another something I found...

   No amount of regret changes the past.  

   No amount of anxiety changes the future.

   Any amount of gratitude changes the present.    Ann Voskamp

So again...God be near.  

Comments

  1. When I think of the God-loving men and women of the Bible, I think of their experiences of God's blessings and the trials they experienced. Lela, there is nothing anyone or anything in this world that can separate you from the love of Christ. (Romans 8)
    The trials of this life draw us to seek God, our true source of hope.

    With love,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just heard the last sentences you posted on the Christian Radio Station yesterday and they really touched my heart. Here you are writing them down. Wow! God is near!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday