Day two.

 That's the second day of Sept.  BUT...it's the second day of great weather.  Woo, woo.  Two in a row.  And I once again, this time longer kept a chair on the patio occupied.  I really feel disconnected from work and responsibilities.  Guess that's a retirement. feeling...you think?  More friends to share with you.  It's my feathered friends this time.  

Downey Woodpeckers have been with us all summer...Lots of them.  They are such suet eaters morning, noon and night.  I think the one pictured is a female.  And then there is the Gold Finch.  They are early birds in the spring, disappearing then back again.  They love the seeds of the Black Eyed Susans using them as elevators from time to time.  Their color is so bright this time of year and I would imagine this one is a male bird.   For all the complaining I've done about no rain, lawn guy killing the zinnias, and more the garden is beautiful.  The last picture is what I see each morning as I sit on the patio looking south toward the biggest part of the garden. Remember the song Count Your Blessings name them one by one.  There are many for me.  
This afternoon I started the cycle again.  I planted lettuce seeds.  I will need to water from time to time.  With a little waiting, there will be fresh lettuce to eat again.  The hope is that cooler days will continue and once again as I've thought often this year, gardening has a huge element of chance.  Nothing is for certain in the garden and just about any other place.   Guarantees are few and far between.  That's living for now.  

Comments

  1. I love the morning view and your brightly dressed friends. That is really a nice mug - where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mug (probably) is a commercial (gratis) for TranquilPottery located in Hope, MI.
    Fantom (as if you already did not know)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday