A Gift

 Yesterday was a gift of a somewhat normal day.  No trips out, no telephone calls, no surprises.  Just a day that felt like a comfortable old bedroom slipper.  

The sewing machine continued to do it's magic discovering new ways of creating keeping me busy filling my mind with good thoughts.  I finished the sixth piece of fabric sewing.   Now on to the second phase of gift creating.  

The garden got a walk through and the ground was in perfect condition to be fluffed again removing tiny little bits of weeds that were getting way to comfortable in their surroundings.  My body seemed to be a bit out of shape when digging with the little rake.  How quickly that happened.  Later in the day the patio became my resting spot with Monarch watching.  Our lawn folks were back for their weekly visit and the dad part of this duo talked and talked about his experience releasing his first Monarch just a few days ago.  Lots of excitement was evident in his sharing time.  

Spending time at the sewing machine without back support made the rocker a perfect place to knit in the evening.  The needles were busy.   

I love this morning's picture.  The one picture I missed was one finding two Monarch  on the same flower.  Catching two Monarch in one picture is still good enough for me.  At one time the third Monarch also enjoyed flowers from this Butterfly Bush.  They were still visiting, filling up with energy late in the day. I suspect they will be back.  




Many thanksgivings for a day that felt very comfortable.  No unexpected jarring surprises,  a gift welcomed and received with thanksgiving.  

Comments

  1. Such an amazing picture! Thanks for posting it. Happy you had a very comfortable nice day!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday