This is the Day.

 I'm am reminded of the call and responses song.  This is the day that the Lord has made.  I will rejoice and be glad in it.  Yes.  Sunday is here marking once again the beginning of the week.  This week promises to be just a lot of new beginnings.  They just don't seem to slow down.  If Monday doesn't bring rain, it will be a second new roof beginning.  The 3:00 pm visit with Dr. Schneider at the Simon Cancer Center Clinic will happen.. Noah spending some great time with his grandma and grandpa because of fall break.    Together we may work at church in the Bread and Bowl mission work Thursday.   The beat goes on so to speak.  

But the trap door of hurting hearts opens from time to time.  The disappointment of roof workers faces whose efforts did not meet the expectations of those who had hired them.  Was it a language barrier, leading to the inability to understand those expectations?  Were there reasons relating to deception?  I pray that was not the case.  Trying to find some positive element in the efforts of the last two days is once again daunting.  Perhaps the whole of life is daunting.  Or perhaps this too shall pass comes to mind.   I leave this all once again high on the shelf where all such unanswered questions are stored.  

Life flows on in endless song as one of our anthems quietly sings.  But sometimes it's an almost silent flow.   Sometimes the storms come that remind me...Life is not avoiding the storms but learning to dance in the rain.  Thanks to. now retired Dr. Lochrer in whose office I found that saying scripted on paper tacked to the wall while waiting on my first Dr. encounter in early January at the beginning of the cancer story. 

Yes.  This is the day that the Lord has made.  I will rejoice and be glad in it.  I firmly believe that if that stays with me the trap doors will disappear.  God is here as I finish this journal post.  I must remember the shelf and not the trap doors.  

Pray that the shelf remains with me.  

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday