Morning

 The day is starting a bit damp with fog.  On the way to the mailbox, I spotted three deer in the yard.  That's not uncommon but just not seen every day.  They hang around lovin' to munch on the pussy willows in the winter. Big bummer. They need to change their diet or perhaps I never should have planted pussy willows.  Probably the latter option would have made the most sense.  I stick to natives with other things which usually are safe to the munchers.  The weather continues to be uncommonly warm.  Yesterday I decided to remove all the orange color from the covers over the bird feeders.  That meant a trip to Ace for green spray paint.  Lots of green in the yard now.  Past years have seen purple, orange, and pink.  Green matches the bird feeders.  Another excuse to cruise the yard!  I'm ready for flowers.  I think I'm in trouble.  

The dining room Christmas Cactus is trying its best but I think is programmed for Valentine's Day.  The buds are enlarging. 

Yesterday's PT went well with more things added to the menu.  There is a lot to work on.  Ben had me sweating.  Guess that's good.

Kimmy has a dear niece Kenzi who does glasswork.  Kenzie sent me a few buttons and beads and I decided to add them to a black sweater.  So...here they are.  Thank you, Kenzi.

Kimmy's pottery work continues to receive orders even after Christmas.  Last year, orders continued through February at a great clip.  The same is expected this year and will keep her busy throwing items daily on the wheel with kiln loads producing items for sale on Etsy. Kimmy is enjoying clay!  
These 2 handled mugs have their origin in early French monasteries.  This group was taken to Georgia allowing Peter D to choose the one he liked.  One recently was purchased by a daughter for her cancer patient Father who had difficulty holding his one-handled mug.  She expressed gratitude for a beautifully crafted piece of art that gave her father great enjoyment. 

So, the blog entry for the day is finished and I'm ready to move on to the next task.  Today, for family and PT helpers and friends from Michigan all the way to Georgia, I owe the Lord a morning song of gratitude and thanks and praise. Another song from my childhood memory basket.  

Comments

  1. Beautiful buttons! And beautiful mugs! It seems you are surrounded with a lot of talent for beauty!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday