Warm up!!

 Maybe I could call it that with a little imagination.  Instead of three hot pots of water to thaw the birdbath, this morning it was only a one-pot morning.  Mealworms have been replenished and all is right with the world so the birds are reporting.  The winter sunrises are such an interesting gift for eyes these days.  Here is this morning's painting. The gift never lasts very long.  

Yesterday's work included two hours at church futzing up the sanctuary.  Futzing is a Patty word I heard years ago and now I'm using it.  Futzing describes just tidying up and doing a little futzing.  That
included putting away banners and creating two arrangements for the altar area.  No one has spoken for flowers.  We have an alternative option now for a few Sundays.  The arrangements include hydrangea,, bears breeches flowers, pods from okra and false indigo, sedum, some grass plums, and beautyberry branches.    All were once living.  

And now a bigger picture of the altar area.  I love futzing.  This will be the scene until Lent which starts the first of March.  We're in the green ordinary time of the church year.   Lent's deep color of purple is one that is bright and stunning against the gray stone of the church. It's a brief work respite until March. 

Today should be a s l o w day.  Humm...wonder if that will happen. I'll give a report tomorrow.  
The leave home for an appointment calendar is empty!  



Comments

  1. The naturals blend perfectly, neighbor.
    I missed the sunrise...again!
    Night owls do not have an "early rise" built into their dna. That would be me.
    I'm sure your creative talents will be much appreciated by those attending services this month and next. North attendees are so fortunate to have you as a willing, enthusiastic participant.
    Grateful too, I"m sure. SJ

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday