Busy Tuesday.

                       Cleome starting to bloom.  There will be more with the hope of a pink one.  

The busyness came about because of my must-do.    I hate to come home to a house that isn't clean.  So I clean before I go away.  Today the refrigerator and the kitchen floor got a good scrubbing.  So now I'm free to leave unless I count other rooms that need cleaning.  I suppose tomorrow the sweeper will get a good turn on.  

                                                        Cookies for the kids.  


Baking was part of being busy.  That included chocolate chip cookie baking.   They will head north with us Saturday.  I made two batches.  We'll see how long they last.  

                        T
 
                                                        The first of three different hybiscus varieties. 
I think of this as an old-fashioned flower.    The plant has many, many buds that will open and bloom for one day.  Japanese Beetles seem to love them but I control that pest with soapy water in a bucket.  

The morning walk included snipping off dead Daylily stems.  I think the garden is ready to be packed away for two weeks. It all seems to be pretty healthy and growing.  The neighbors get to do the walk deciding when the tomatoes are ripe enough to eat and the cabbage is ready to be made into slaw.

 

                                                                    Calendula.  

Sometimes called a marigold.  They are eatable.  I have a recipe that adds yellow peddles to the cooky dough.  The yellow color stays all through the baking process.  That makes an interesting cookie with tiny yellow flecks.

 

This afternoon I watched another report of the Jan 6 affair.  It's an interesting but sad story of misdirected energy, I love to hear Liz Cheney give her closing statements.  Words are selected carefully giving a clear unemotional account in her summary.  There are no minced words in her selection of words. 


One last trip to
the drugstore for itch stopper.  My hope is to heal while in the north country living in a new environment that should be healthier with the elimination of bites and itches. My back is covered with bites.   Fewer bugs are a good thing.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday