Wonderful !

 A wonderful night of sleep.  A gift to start the day and it started with the usuals.  Then off to church to meet Julie to break the glass on a picture sold in the silent auction. That really was finish breaking the rest of the glass to remove all the glass from a picture sold in the silent auction.  We broke it safely.  That's the whole picture of that event!!  

                                            Pink it is. From my friend Kathy's garden.

I met with the program staff and talked through the expectations concerning the kitchen in the Gathering Center. That lead to finding a few more things...like coffee and filters that needed to be in that space. With the addition of a microwave pulse just a few more things, I think that area is alive and ready for successful action with all necessities close by.  I spent a bit of time organizing some cabinets, changing a sanctuary banner, sorting through more stuff and then was on my way home three hours later. 

                                            A walk around the lake at Central Park.  

I volunteered hours to Amy that should help her prepare areas for Fall Sunday School start-up.  That should happen next week.  

The afternoon was a bit busy.  I spend some time in the garden standing up zinnias that had fallen over in the wet dirt they were living in.  One zinnia was about 6ft. tall.  It's shorter now with a chance of standing on its own.  Late summer trims help a whole lot.  

I worked on one of the gourds using my wood-burning tools.  I need to put a sealer on all of them. 

 

The evening hour was spent with United Women of Faith.  The church ladies' new name now since the Methodist Church has come apart at the seams because of unresolved issues.  I like this new name.  It was an interesting evening with lots of information shared.  My head is doing a little spin with the hope that something has stuck.    


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday