Saturday Stuff

 Today was make a mess Saturday.  It always happens when the sewing machine is put in gear!  It's all the pining, snipping, and other stuff that gets pulled out that needs to be included in whatever is being created. I'll spare you the mess! 

                        Tis the season.  A few years ago I made little Xmas trees with scraps of wool.                                                  Pioneers made rugs with their scraps naming them penny rugs.                                                              It's an old tradition in a new way.  Xmas Trees full of penny-shaped circles.!  

Sarah Ellen asked some time ago for a Santa Suit.  Some of the sewing will happen in Kenya but some has happened in my sewing room.  Mrs. Clause's apron and hat are two pieces and today it was Mr. Clause's belt and boots which really are shoe cover Spats.  It was a lot of fun with a new twist. 


As I was finishing that project I got a text from my grandson Eli.  He is the biggest animal lover I know getting it quite naturally from his mother who a few years ago worked for a veterinarian and loves animals equally.  That was before Jared.  It would seem that the last of the three boys is getting a break.  Sometimes there are kittens in the house and even in Eli's bed.   

Today Eli asked for Christmas hats for his little friends.  Of course, they could use a hat or two and grandma said yes.  Eric will mail them Monday at work.  



                             There are five hats of various sizes and we'll see which ones fit the best.                                                       I thought Sylvester was appropriate along with the green dog hat.



Today the Colts are footballing with the Vikings.  After a huge lead, they sure made things uncomfortable.  What's with them?  I have no answers.  The Vikings arrived at the stadium at half time and then the Colts left to go home at half-time. That's all I know. At the half 33 Colts to 0 Vikings.  The Colts lost in overtime.  40 lashes with a wet noodle or worse!  What were they thinking??????  They weren't. 

There is a whole lot of stuff to take to church tomorrow.  The best thing to do is pack the car early meaning this afternoon.  


I'll need a cart when I get to church.  Tim will help me.  He's such a great security guy. Unpleasant things just don't happen anymore. The presents of Tim makes our neighborhood folks see the best in each other.  Tim is a home missionary. 

It's another evening this time with Purdue and Davidson playing basketball.  Two brothers playing against each other.  My trusty electric throw blanket wrapped around me has been with me since my surgery days.  It's quite the friend.  

  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday