A little of this and that Monday.

 A very early morning, very early.  Eric got his ride to Nora.  Crossword was completed.  Wordle completed this afternoon successfully with the last chance for a win.  


Now the little...

I did a little sewing.  Not much and there was also a little cutting of strips.  A little cutting of backing and a little sewing.  

 I worked a little on the stole finishing some example ideas.  Then I talked a little to Darren about the process.  Texting pictures is certainly not the same as seeing the real thing.  Colors do not transfer well.  The next thing I want to do is show Darren the colors.  I sent him two ideas and the burlap example I like the most he liked the least.  It's his stole so I'm just fine with following his lead.  I could guess that his days with burlap on the farm was a factor. Maybe not. 
I think we'll do a lot of tiny crosses and there will be three nails a tad bigger.  I did two in this picture to see what would come out of my head.  The purple looks not quite right to my eyes but I think it will work. 

I shopped a little at Aldi's.  On the list were a few things that we'll use for the Wed. evening meal of soup and sandwiches at church.  There is a meal every Wed. for folks interested in eating together with a short evening worship service.  Worship and the Arts group of folks will do the first Wed. evening meal. That means Heidi and I along with James will do the honors. 

                                The second-midnight snack going.  One more pumpkin to go.                                                              It's another little pie pumpkin for perhaps an opossum. I'm into recycling.                                                Oposum eat a lot of tiks.  There are not too many of those around nowadays.

I have this thing when on my way to Aldi's which is in the same shopping center as Goodwill.  If there is a parking space in front of Goodwill open, that's my signal to shop. It doesn't happen very often thank goodness. Today there was a space and I hopped in and bought a fleece blanket for 1.99.  More bib inside fabric.  It should fill 16 bibs.  
    It's a soft, soft thin blanket, perfect for the inside place in the bib.  Bargain basement price. LOVE IT! 

The sun appeared a little this afternoon.  I raked a little here and there uncovering the Lambs Ear plants looking for new growth.  I found it.  The yard was more than a little wet since we had a lot and not a little rain today.  

Kimmy's succulent pot on the windowsill with Basel the cat.  Jared is on the other side of the window pane.  Brr.  The Monday storm was only the second big storm of the year with snow bringing lots of repeated work just 300 miles north of Carmel.  With two storms back to back each with 8 inches...That's a LOT of snow.  Not a little. 

  The first of the Russell baby lambs have been delivered by their mother Fern.  Twins are not uncommon with this breed but sadly the little black boy lamb died after 24 hours of looking really healthy.  They don't know why and a bit surprising to say the least.  But Jared and Kimmy both say death goes with animals. 


I watched a little TV in the afternoon and slept a little. I guess I missed a little TV.  Perhaps a lot of TV.  I certainly am not the one to ask. The early morning at 3 wake-up is my excuse. 

Supper was salad  and an evening of a little of this and that continued.  I'm hoping for a bit more energy tomorrow.  Some days are like that Alexandar would say, even in  Australia.  It's called following the lead of what one's body is saying. Rome wasn't built in a day!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday