The Monday after.

 I'm enjoying the day after just as much as the day of.  Today was a little of this and that.  One bit of news that I learned about last night involved Kat and Wordle.  When Kat was in highschool she was in a spelling club.  She learned all kinds of word rules.  How interesting.  Now I know there is little hope for wordless me.  She's been out in front and will continue that pace, I'm sure.  Good for Kat.  I'm proud of her.  Then there's the &^%$%^ Mother-in-law who knows how to do other things.  

This morning started clear and crisp.  Beautiful beginning that went that way all day.  I decided to work on the pond.  Last summer I bought a water plant and held it over.  It was showing signs of growing again.  Back to the pond it went this morning looking very promising for another year.  

       It's finished...All finished...not a little finished...all finished.  Given a little thyme plants will fill in. 

Another job completed this morning was planting three cabbage plants.  Cold weather plants so they should be tough and just fine.  I thought I had one plant but discovered there were three.  I tried nudging them apart but not a whole lot of luck.  Just a little bit of luck so I planted them in a loose bunch.  It remains to be seen how this is going to work out.  

                                    There are three plants in a small space.  I hope they get along.  

I discovered the woodland forget-me-nots are starting to strut their stuff.  I pulled a bunch of them last year.  They self-seed and would cover everything if I didn't do a whack job now and then.  Last summer was the most recent whack job.  Their blue color is very intense and almost electric in effect under certain lighting. 
At the top of the picture is a smaller shiny little green leaf plant.  It's called French Ginger.  Niles Dice gave me a start of this plant.  Some has disappeared, some has moved.by ants.  The flowers are very small and against the ground.  Easy for an ant to crawl into eat a seed and poop it out somewhere else.  It's a very pretty little woodland plant.
These are teeny tiny little Lupine plants.  Marcia M., a Michigan camping friend sent me seeds last fall telling me to put them in the ground immediately.  They need to have a cold winter to germinate.  And did they ever.  It will be another year before they bloom and then I should have them for however long I take care of them.  Should be pretty.  

This week my goal is to rest the body I live in.  Last week was pretty intense with no surprise to me.  It just is that way..  I'm still feeling the effects of the Friday fall with a whole lot of squealing from body parts.  Even with short garden workouts, I'm feeling complaints.  Pray that I exhibit some patience, showing sympathy to all the whiners of which there are too many. 

Once again another big mammogram happens tomorrow and then a visit with Dr. Schneider, the breast gue rue. Or however you spell that.  Do I care...NOT REALLY.  No picture.  You know what a boob looks like. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday

Sunday

Friday