Wednesday.
I would call this a slow day. A few aches are back I blame on the fall although I would say I have improved a whole lot. I'm back on a few miracle pills. And I would say it was a perfect morning so I spent it on the patio drinking coffee and sending pictures to family with the agenda of nothing to do for the day. I love that.
This little plant is an early bloomer. It's a money plant that will develop white discs holding black seeds. . I don't have a clue what another name would be for this plant. I let them seed themselves where ever they want to. By the time the seeds appear this plant will be at least 2 ft. tall.I did a little edging. I did a little watering. I watched a little TV. I remembered I was retired. I spray painted with black paint my little bunny, Budda and Cupid. They needed freshening.
The two lettuce plantings are growing and I hope to spy the radishes soon. The asparagus is producing and we should have some tomorrow for supper.
So good with a little butter and a couple of minutes in the microwave!I did a little plant shopping and left everything right where I shopped. That was at Rosie's and Carmel Ace Hardware. There is not much to see at either store and there's a perfectly good reason. It's way too early to buy. I did buy some good plant fertilizer that's guaranteed not to burn and lasts much longer than Miracle Grow. Plant Prices! ..What sold for 8 dollars in the gal. size of plants I would say 10 years ago is now near 18. The prices were within a dollar comparison. That's going to slow me down which is just fine. I manage to fill things up with annuals started from seeds. They bloom all summer. There is quite a collection of perennials in the garden now.
Expensive but lasts a long time.In May there will be another plant swap at church and I always manage to find something new. I guess it's time for me to start getting my own trades ready for trade. I've gotten a Jack in the Pulpit, some iris, a perennial geranium, a snowball bush, and perennial sage bush to name a few.plants.
A big perennial sage plant. Ornamental only. It smells good.We had our first supper on the patio under the umbrella. That was a record-breaking early spring meal.
was there asparagus for supper? and a lettuce salad?
ReplyDelete