Wednesday.

 Big day today.  The paper was a bit late so time with crossword isn't finished yet.  Almost but not quite.  Wordle was good.  And the day began with sitting by the butterfly cage, waiting, and waiting.  Number four emerged late morning while we were gone  Woo, woo.  

Our good friend Kathleen is house-sitting in Golden Hill in a fabulous house with what I say is an unbelievable garden.  Well, gardens of many kinds with a beautiful terrain of valleys and trees and a cute little creek. and more.  Kathleen invited us to take a tour and it certainly was a beautiful morning to do that.  Doug grew up just outside Golden Hill and spent many hours playing with friends in that neighborhood.  So I have pictures of the morning.  





The morning was perfect for taking pictures and spending time with a friend.  

                            So many big trees in the dark ravines leading to the Indianapolis Canel. 

We drove past the stone double that was the Russell homestead of CW Russell as well as the Miller grandparents on 36th Street.  Thank you Kathleen for a wonderful morning with new things to think about. It was good. 

The afternoon included a trip to Aldi's for some necessary things...mainly ice cream although other things ended up in the cart.  We're set for another week.  I'm planning on an almost midnight ice cream snack.  Nothing after 12 pm you know. Supper salad included strawberries, nuts, and that delicious barbecue chicken with cucumbers from the garden.  So good.  

I made a great stab at watering plants after supper.  I'll do some more watering in the morning.  The plants look healthy and can survive for a few days without much attention.  I'll have the 10 lb. carrying restriction again and because the plants are growing, they should be in great shape to hang out on their own for a few days or more..  I had the company of a Monarch while watering.  I'd bet a couple of bucks it's my Number 4 morning friend.  Two more chrysalides are turning dark. Tomorrow should bring two more Monarchs.

                                        This is a time of new beginnings.  Time to move on.  

                    Here's today's little buddy.  He's sort of scrunched down in the butterfly weed.  

The call time for surgery is 12:30 as I stated yesterday.  I'll be busy till then.  The refrigerator needs a cleaning out again!  And a little more watering needs to happen. The sweeper will do a run.  I know the after-surgery routine will be like the last surgery so I'm getting ready for some time off.  It's time to sit a spell. I'm ready to think of something else other than me! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday