August 26 Saturday

 Another busy morning with the usual and then around 8:15 I was off to church to work at Bread and Bowl.  Heidi and James were off to Scottland this morning leaving a bit of a hole in our crew.  It was filled adequately by my Kenya friend Regina who is visiting with Sarah Ellen and a few other friends.  

                         This is an old Grossbeak picture from last year.  Just a memory but a good one. 


We managed quite well during the morning once again serving about 90 meals during the morning hour. We are serving about 1000 meals a month on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and two Saturdays.  It was busy and that's a great sign knowing that the community is quite comfortable during their visit with us.  

                Of course, you will think of spring when you see these.  Yes, another memory picture. 

The afternoon was very quiet with icing a knee that was a bit sore from another fall during the morning.  I am convinced that the shoes are the problem.  And for most of the morning, the shoes were NOT on my feet and all was well.  These tennis shoe soles are a bit thicker than others that I wear.  Very soon I'll be shopping for new shoes.  


                                                Another  Superior picture that never ages

Tomorrow is church day and also our annual missions festival.  I'll be at a table answering questions about the feeding ministry that has been in existence for more than 30 years.  My working time is right after the first service.  

                And I'll add a flower picture. This year's flowers are not as robust as other years.                                                                  There will be more next year. 

Life continues to be busy with many interests.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday