August 28 Monday.

 I waited until this mornng to post the blog needing some pictures. 

Another butt end of a teenager checking things out. 

What a wonderful Monday!  Well, the sleep time wasn't so hot but the day was super good.  If you give it some thought you'll figure out why!  It was a usual morning but this time Eric got dropped off in Broadripple.  I just remembered that I needed to do Wordle but the crossword was finished in record time.  Oatmeal with nuts and raisins finished off the morning prep!  

Then it was time for the usual garden walk.  What a difference a decent temperature makes.  And the wonderful day started in the garden in the morning and ended in the garden in the evening with many hours in my favorite place.  Oh, what a beautiful morning.  Oh, what a beautiful day.  What a wonderfully gifted day. 

             I bought Cosmo seeds for next year's garden.  So pretty and double in bloom this year..

Today was an edging day.  It's something that I love to do and it was absolutely necessary. I get the edging itch honestly from my mother.  Well, that's my reasoning.  When she had time it always happened.  She washed clothes on Monday and ironed on Tuesday. Canned all summer which meant that the garden was full of vegetables and bushels of fruit always filled the porch.  On Thursdays she peddled produce from the garden, adding eggs from the hen house, and live chickens for butchering in town.  I remember so well the Serbian and Syrian families with their kitchens smelling of garlic. Friday we cleaned the house and Saturday she baked 5 loves of bread and cake, pies, and cookies for us.  And then she edged in between!  Memories! Makes me tired just thinking about it! 

A temperature of 55 this morning gave this bee no energy to move while sitting on a Mexican Sunflower.

Over the years some of the garden beds have been defined by Lake Superior rooks.  Every year for who knows how long we've brought a few rocks home.  This year was no different.  So today the latest rock collection found their place around some needy beds.  I completed a bed took a cold shower and watched a little TB. Rested a bit and then it happened all over again.  Working and Resting.  Then it happened all over again.  What a wonderful day.  The beds got a little ratty when we were camping but many are back in top ship shape. Big Blue is full again. 

            Such a good feeling to know that the plants are pretty much at their best for almost September. 
  

Doug burned our neighbor's burn pile.  It's a spot where four families burn mostly tree limbs that fall from time to time. There are many mature trees everywhere.  And I roasted a package of hotdogs.  There is nothing much better than dogs on the fire. The rest will go in the freezer. 



I did an afternoon trip to Habigs looking for seeds to plant next spring.  I didn't need what they had so I moved up to Rosies.  They had seeds and perennials on sale.  I bought another hen's and chicks container. I think I'm going to develop a succulent bed next spring.  I've got a start now and it seems like something that would be interesting. The bed of coleus plants is one of my favorites.  

                The beginning of something bigger with time. There is more to come this summer.         Another Michigan rock with a pink stripe through the rock.

I also transplanted another Bear's Breeches plant I found living under a big Breeches plant..  The first one I transplanted a few months ago is doing well.  Fingers crossed for the new plant now in a new place.  

                Dormant lupine waiting to appear next summer.  I think this spot will get a few mums this                             fall, Brighten the corner where you are is the song that's floating through my head.                                

I took another meal of stuffed peppers to Rita and Bob for supper. Another meal wishing them well in their new home. I really enjoy the visit that goes with the meal.  Doug and I had supper on the patio.  Yahoo.  That means the temperature again was excellent for an outside meal.  Another card game happened (I won)and then I was back at edging and laying stones where needed along with digging out more Charlie. I love to see new plants in new places in the garden in a weedless bed.  It was a great day. A super great day. I played all day in the garden dirt!!!

                                    More edging. More rocks! St Francis is checking things out.

An FYI...my knee is pretty good.  It's still a bit puffy but it works well.  That's all I care about.  I sure gave it a workout today and it isn't complaining at all.  Well, it does talk to me when challenged with steps.  But it works!  My feet will not be wearing my much-loved newest pair of tennis shoes. The soles are too thick. Bummer. It seems I need to work on picking up my feet! 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday