Monday
Today was not like yesterday. There are miles to go today and things to do today. My kind of day for sure. I'm adding a few more nativity pictures to the post today. I could probably do this to July before there would be a repeat nativity set.
I made it to the grocery store and did a whole lot of damage. My eyes got a little big at the bill and I thought Aldi's? Even at Aldi's, I was in for a big surprise. So we will eat again for a while. Doug always meets me at the door when there are lots of bags to carry in and put away. He chooses to never darken the door of a grocery store. Something makes me think he's noisy about what he will be eating. This guy will eat just about anything I cook. And what he won't eat I don't cook. Humm...those were a couple of interesting sentences you just read.
Soon after the grocery job was finished I was off to church stopping at Rita's for clambs that she labeled. I think we are done with that job for perhaps another month. Well at least for a while.
When arriving at church I unloaded the car. Talked for a little while and then headed to the sanctuary to do a bit of rearranging in the chancel area for next Sunday's service. I ice-cubed the poinsettia plants. They are looking pretty good but I'm thinking of adding to them for next Sunday's service. It's time to buy white ones for Christmas Eve.
I think this set is Majelica. A little pricy.This coming Sunday is the Mary Sunday with the Magnificat among other things. Darren's sermon is about Mary on the fourth Sunday so it would seem we are having two Mary Sundays this year. Many, many years ago Doris Douglas made a life-size Mary which left the attic this year. Today she moved to the narthex and got a little do-over. We'll keep her there until the new year. She is pretty fragile and this may be her last year to appear.
Mary is holding Jesus so I needed to cover him up until Christmas Eve.
Comments
Post a Comment