Sunday
Easy Sunday morning after a short night. We left for church around 10. It's about a 20-minute drive on most Sundays. Aith anticipationrriving at church I remembered to be first in the sanctuary to pick the pew that best fits my hearing aides. Doug will choose the back third. I will choose the front third. It was the latter this morning. Heidi joined us along with some good choir members who no longer are singing with the choir. Friends forever. Great music with the children and their dads singing Mary Did You Know. I love the words...when you kissed your little baby, you kissed the face of God. It was a great worship-filled service.
The Choristers with their dads or their adopted dads for the morning. There are even some grandpas in the group.After church, I had many questions needing answers regarding the four services next Sunday. There will be one at 11 themed as the fourth Sunday in Advent and then three Christmas Eve evening services. All are different. The 5 O'clock service includes our children in leadership roles The seven o'clock service is a communion candle service and the 11 is one of music and candles. It took some time to pry people loose from their own responsibilities this morning to get answers. But time wasn't against us and I think this week we will see resetting of the sanctuary again getting what's needed in place for the first service making the next three a little easier. It's sort of the same thing every year so there are never many surprises that I say are really big surprises. Just get ready for a few twists and turns.
The morning Cathedral Singers.I watched a little football and a large candle that I forgot at church and needed tweaking, came home with Andrew and Noah after their church rehearsal. It got its tweak and I took it back to church in the afternoon.
Every year there is a wonderful service called the Longest Night Service. That was at 5 PM. today. It's a very meditative, reflective, and quiet service with an attempt to bring a bit of balance to the season. A good service to block out all the hubbub that seems to sneak into our lives.
The evening saw more football and time to think about the needs of the coming week. It will include Eric's trip to the bus stop with at least one trip of the boys to school on Tuesday. Kat will have a PT session early on Tuesday. It takes a village for sure these days.
And I only took two pictures all day. Dah. The Longest Night service would have had some interesting snapshots. I've got to do better.
Comments
Post a Comment