Thursday.


 Another early morning success with all that usually starts the day.  I moved on to the kitchen with another soup-making morning.  This time Chicken Vegetable morning.  I bought chicken thighs at the store thinking they were breasts.  What a goof.  Easy to do I guess if one doesn't look at the label,  They went into the pot along with a whole lot of other things. I have a feeling the goof may turn out to be a good thing.  The taste could be an improvement. I added turkey drippings to the pot from Thanksgiving.  Woo...super tasting soup I would add. 


I needed to make a trip to church to check on the poinsettias water needs.  And they needed water.  I'm really surprised that after two weeks in the sanctuary, they looked as if they had just arrived.  No need to replace them.  Will they last another week?  I hope so.  I visited with the Thursday crew of food preparers and then left to stop at Lowes to see what white poinsettias were available for Christmas Eve.  The store was really hot.  Not a good place for plants.  So I moved on to the Lowes at Carmel.  The choices were better and two plants came home with me to be cared for until Christmas Eve. 



In the afternoon I called my neighbor Diane and made arrangements to leave some soup for her.  I bundled up the pea, chili and chicken veg. with some crackers and walked them over.  Diane is staying away from people with the hope that her recovery will be free from bad germs.  I left the collection on a small table at the end of the sidewalk.  I sent a text and picture with the hope the food would be retrieved before any outdoor creature could find it. 


    Diane's table with a paper explaining to anyone there with a package why a change in delivery practices was needed.  It had something to do with Stella, the dog.  

I walked the garden enjoying the sun.  I saw again that NOTHING has changed since yesterday's walk. I watched a little TV but also slept through a little TV.  I must admit that the word little might have been the wrong word.  Supper included Chicken Veg. soup followed by a game of 3:13.  

Eric is feeling better after spending another day at home.  He has a picture of the culprit that has been a problem for him.  

That little black speck after the three is the problem maker.  Looks pretty big to me when one just felt the pain it caused traveling through a very small tube. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monday

3 plus 1 = Jared...Dee.

66