Tuesday.

 I was up early and had a great morning with Wordel a a horrible morning with Connections.  I'm still working on it!  I hate to make mistakes.  

I spent some time entertained by the birds.  In fact, I thought their environment needed a little holiday sprucing up.  This is what happened.  The Nuthatches and Tufted Titmouse were really, really happy with the peanut feeder.  

                                                Now doesn't this look a little more interesting.                                                                                At least seeing this from the kitchen window brings a smile.

So it was an easy morning.  The sun was out and I decided to walk the garden.  It's a sad place now.  I miss seeing new things appear.  I'm really looking forward to a new growing season.  We could skip a few months and go directly to April.  

.I decided the afternoon would be soup afternoon with split pea first in the soup kettle. Since I had just a little ham and no bone I was looking for my favorite substitute, Better than Bouillon ham flavor.  I decided after stopping at the fourth grocery store, it was not going to be in my soup.  Why doesn't the grocery stores just sell hambones? I don't need a big ham, just the bone?  


Then after the split pea came chili.  There's enough for sharing and I will.  No bone is needed for chili.  

The house was full of good smells with chili on the supper menu.  Tomorrow it's baking day.  I found some chocolate chips I forgot I had.  There will be a new recipe with C C included.  The magic ingredient is oatmeal.  The outcome being cookies. Another day of good smells coming my way. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monday

3 plus 1 = Jared...Dee.

66