Wednesday.
More buds are appearing. I'm wondering if I have a Valentine's Cactus.
The morning start couldn't have been better. Great Star crossword, successful Wordel, and the same with Connections. Oh, what a beautiful morning. I will add that I didn't see Eric this morning. It seems that another kidney stone has sidelined him today. His last night and morning weren't so beautiful. He heard from the stone yesterday afternoon. The meds are slowing him down quite a bit but it's one of the treatments. Kill the pain using the big stuff with the hope that the stone will pass out at some point. He's been through this before so he knows the drill. Although he thought the last event was at least 10 years ago. No attacks since then are a good thing.
The agenda for the morning...baking cookies. I found a recipe about a year ago for chocolate chip cookies. It's the tool house recipe with a cup of oatmeal added. Well, making it once is enough, or maybe even too often. It's SO SWEET! There is one cup of brown and another of white sugar. UGH! And the butter caused the cookies to flatten out and crisp up. I would say half the butter with the other half perhaps some shortening could be better. I'll let it go for now. What a disappointment after thinking about this cookie for at least a year.
They look a little sick but Rita loved them.The mailman brought me the first of many seed catalogs. This one is the best of any others to come. So I have a list of things that will go in the garden in the summer of 2024. My Christmas list has a few perhaps uncommon things noted. You get the drift if I say a bag of potting soil among a few other things like deer off and preen. I know for sure I'll use whatever appears this holiday season. Christmas gifting comes a little later at this house. We'll celebrate New Year's weekend ringing out the old and ringing in the new.
My list is long enough. It's so hard to wait till April.Once again I did a garden walk. Nothing changed since yesterday and it probably will be the same tomorrow. How boring! I should try the Monon walk. That is a good one with the lake making it interesting. I need to spend gas to get there so being lazy is an easy excuse.
On the garden walk, there wasn't much to look at but the sun was really making this curry plant shine. Did I use any this summer? No, but it's really a beautiful gray to almost white plant that makes a statement against the drabness of the garden.
Late afternoon I made a trip south to R and B's again with the soup truck! I'm delighted to share knowing I don't need to eat it all bringing more variety to my table. I heard that R's health treatment is moving in the right direction. I'm more than thrilled for R. Then it was off to three more grocery stores looking for Better than Bouillon ham flavor. The third store, Needlers was the Bingo store. after 6 other dud stires yesterday and today.
Proof...It's in my kitchen. Yahoo!!!! This brand is the best.
Tomorrow I'm making Chicken Vegetable soup. My neighbor Diane just arrived home after being hospitalized and receiving new heart plumbing. Woo...The soup truck will make a delivery adding Split Pea and Chili.
Comments
Post a Comment