Saturday

 Today has been slow in some respects.  I must admit that isn't too bad.  The morning started early as usual.  Quiet and slow.  I woke up with CNN hearing about the disaster in Russia.  The world isn't so happy at this point in time. I had a scrambled egg for breakfast topped with some sour cream.  Eggs have no taste and I love sour cream on anything.

                                        A beautiful sign of the emerging world waiting for us.

I made out a grocery list and just before lunch we headed to Aldi's and then to Krogers.  Doug is a great cart pusher.  I got some soup making stuff and at some point that will happen.  I did get a container of tomato bisque out of the freezer. 

TV showed me a whole lot of I U ladies basketball in the afternoon.  It was an awesome game.  They should go far. 

                                Iowa on their way again.  We might see Caitlin here in Indy. 

                        This is a first for me finding this idea in a library book I checked out last year.  

I decided I had room for two more gal. containers planted with zinnias. So now there are eight each with about 9 or so seeds.  I peeked a while ago and there are little green things there that weren't there yesterday.  I planted them on the 20th.  I could call them eager beavers.  The seeds I planted today are some I harvested from flowers last year.  It remains to be seen if they sprout.  The plan is to move the containers to the patio when the weather gets warmer. They will be their own little greenhouse. 


T                                                Two little eager beavers.  There will be more. 

Bob and Rita dropped in for a visit in the afternoon bringing some food from the Emporium.  Yum, Yum.  What a treat.   
                                                            How easy can this get. 
There was more basketball in the evening and then the hope of a good night's sleep.  Tomorrow I'll see a whole lot of folks who prayed me through.  The church family is awesome lead by an awesome God who has cared for Doug and I in so many ways over so many years. 
                                'm a Spartan grandma but we're not doing so good.  Fingers crossed.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday