Thursday

 

It was back to a full-blown workday.  It's strange how they keep coming. It helps with that got to keep moving thing that pops up in my mind.  I don't need a buzzard coming after me. 

                                Still a lot of color to be enjoyed by butterflies and us humans.

Maybe I'm forgetting what a garden has in mind when it comes to fall at my house.  Yes, some folks let everything stand until spring providing hiding places for bugs and stuff.  I think why let that happen giving a gardener two seasons of work in the spring.  So, I split the jobs to fall and spring.  Bugs can hide somewhere else.  All the want to be butterflies next spring at my house will be protected in my garage. 

                This caterpillar attached himself to a rock placed in the cage.  The rock was a wind anchor.

Today I made it a goal to get rid of ALL the Susans.  And I did, filling another 1 1/2 Big Blues. Glory to my Hedge trimmers!!! What took at least three weeks for many past years now has taken three days.  

                            Another area to forget about.  I love emptying my mind of spots to trim.  

There is a little more greenery cut and waiting to go to Gina's compost pile.  That being Hosta leaves.  I think they will bring clean compost with no seeds.  Perhaps a little more cutting in the shade tonight will help fill the garden wagon with more of the same. Then it's across the street for a dump! 

               More for the compost pile.  Even though the Susans are in exile, the fall work continues.

The Susans took most of the morning.  I was a very HOT gardener meaning sweat!  Nothing more, nothing less. Just HOT sweat!  The fan felt so good. The body expressed chair gratitude. 


                        Gone, gone, gone not to be found with the help of my handy dandy clippers.  

Since once again the refrigerator and cupboards were bare, and with Doug finished with the paper it was off to Aldi's again.  Our shopping was accompanied with once again a screamer (two yr. of little boy).  That seems to happen more than I would think.  It sort of cuts the monotony anticipating the next scream.  I can report again that having Doug push the cart with no competition from me keeps him from being the second screamer in this case.  Thank goodness. One is enough.  

Cupboards were filled, the refrigerator was happy again and it was time for lunch. We missed the milkman at the store.  Doug thought perhaps the cows were not milked this morning.  It was strange not to see any milk available. That has happened with cottage cheese more than once.  Perhaps someone forgot to get it off the truck.  Who knows for sure. 

The afternoon brought about once again peppers being stuffed for supper.  It's a favorite of both of us and big peppers from the garden make that an easy meal.  Tonight, we'll have two and tomorrow night we'll fill our plates again.  Doug always seems to show up while I'm in the process of all this, wondering what the smell will bring.  


Tonight, the Fever play their third game.  It's either go on or go home.  Their second game led to a big margin win.  Fingers crossed for tonight. I'm sure Atlanta is out to get them.  So are the Fever up against and out to get Atlanta. 

Today there were texts with Kimmy.  It's always fun to connect with her.  She's a busy potter making mugs sending them to many places.  This time the box had a Carmel address with the person living nearer Westfield than Carmel.  Crazy postal service.  At our first home we had an Indianapolis address but lived in Carmel. Westfield is growing. So should their post office. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday

Sunday

Friday