Saturday

 Just a thought about gardening.  Often when leafing through gardening books I think...so beautiful.  Many of those beautiful pictures come from places like Oregon or the British Isles.  Not always but a surprising number do.  Mild temperatures...lots of rain...gentle sunshine.  They all have that in common.  This spring we have had Oregon weather.  The gardens here are particular lush in so many ways.  How fortunate to have that happen now and then, this being one of those springs..

                                    A view from the patio.  Everyone seems to be in a good place.  

Today was the Saturday for Bread and Bowl.  And after a very early morning wake up I was off to church a little after 8.  Sarah Ellen arrived at the same time as I pulled in the parking lot.  So it was a big go from the moment we got there.  The pace did not change the whole morning.  We had plenty of workers but few supervisors.  Sarah Ellen was out buying bread and Heidi chose to do some visual arts stuff.  Woo.  Pressure was on with the message...keep moving.  I would say way to much pressure. Feeling the clock is always pushing is not a good feeling.  It's happened before and now again always leading to an afternoon of sleep exhaustion.  So I'm calling it quits for Bread and Bowl. Younger folks, but not much younger now are on!   A critically low White Blood Count has added to the above decision and my body tells me slow might be a better choice.  I'll miss the ministry of being with North folks every other Saturday as well as the community folks.  I've masked up until the health news is better, that information coming next Monday with another blood test.  The other darn thing that happened was forgetting to get two infusions and one shot on Friday.  My mind was in the garden.  I'll have a talk with Julie Monday about rescheduling. I needed to have a talk with me. There is another blood draw Monday to determine WBC and the possibility of returning to medication.  I've mulled this decision over for quite a while. Now on to better stuff for you to read about, I hope.  

                                        The cabbage is closer to forming a head.  So pretty.                                                            A chamomile is hiding among the logs ready to take over when the cabbage is gone.

And yes Andrew arrived late morning and solved my spell check problem teaching me how to solve it myself.  Now the test is remembering.  It seems pretty simple.  I think I can do it. 

I got a text from Laurel saying she had more Dahlias to share if Kathy and I had room.  Woo.  I think I can find some but do I want some.  Well, maybe yes?  Kathy gets first pick.  I take the leftovers.

                                While sitting on the patio, he came to visit.  There is little fear.


We caught another little squirrel in the Have a Heart Trap.  Doug moved it to the park.  Just one chipmunk and now 2 squirrels so far this year.  I thought we had a little bunny when I checked the trap.  Wrong.  

        Then this happened.  I said no fear with this guy.  He attacked the suet before I escaped with it.

Then there was the afternoon Chicago and Minnesota WNBA game.  It was a great game or should I admit I didn't see much. Minn. won! There was that long sleep during the game.  The garden walk included a bit of dead heading finishing that job for now.  I pulled some really sickly zinnias that were just chewed to bits.  I think waiting in this particular place to replant is what that space is telling me.  

              A  pot full of succulents with a couple of American Indian stone pieces adding interest.                                                          Well, Kermit might be your point of interest.

There was a yogurt run with a few other items.  Not many but yogurt for sure.  My sugar numbers are wonderful so I'm not changing my food choices unless told.  More basketball tonight.  Go Cleveland.  It's 2 and 0. The games are such great distraction from the news these days.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday

Monday

Monday