Sunday
Happy birthday Doug. One more year to add to the huge total of other birthdays. Yes...I robbed the cradle by one year. That really isn't a robbery, is it?
I woke up this morning with my mind...stayed on Jesus. Another song to start this Sunday. So it was an easy morning. I looked at all the patio flowers realizing that a volunteer tomato might have been covering some zinnias. Yup. It sure was.
Walla! All uncovered and ready for the day.I checked the Dahlias and about half of them have buds. They are late summer, fall bloomers. And with clippers in hand it was back to liberating zinnias from a huge over the top tomato, It delivered a lot of green tomato plant juice on a pant leg. Not good!
I did what I thought at the time was a good clean up but on the way to church I declared it wasn't such a good job. But the now called gardening pants just went to church with me. No one noticed but me! I hope! The choir sang H Birthday to Doug during their rehearsal. How sweet. New folks were greeted and it was time to find the pew.
The morning there were tough times thinking about this past week of events and the energy it took to make it all happen. There were discussions about utopian cancer, hospices thinking, surgery, appointments, alternative medicine and more. Really heavy stuff. I thought I might ask for a consoling appointment with our Associate Minister Jill. She is taking classes at CTS to sharpen her skills in that area. Well, she was the preacher of the morning and listening to her sermon served much as a individual session with her. How wonderful. My mind is in a much better place ready for another Ramona session on Friday. I must stay in the light, bring Ramona with me. My prayer is that she will have energy to make the Friday appointment. If not, we'll be accepting as well.
It was home again with lunch and the afternoon was a pretty simple one. I finished knitting the scarf and started another one. There was some nodding off at times
Doug had a happy birthday moment at church with Eric and Jared called from the U P. iPhone calls while camping happen when one gets in the car and drives to the very top of Brockway Mt. Cell towers are few and far between. They are nearly off the grid but not quite.
From the top of Brockway Mt. On a clear day one can almost see Isle Royal. That's almost the whole way to Canada. I would say...NOT so clear today at this moment. That could all change quickly. Smaller lakes are to the left in the picture.So the day was pretty slow, just what the Doctor ordered. No pressure, no expectations just a day of quiet time making space for the week.
Four big boys hoofing it up to the Jam Pot to visit with the monks and buy a cookie or two. Really, no reason ever not to. Kimmy is dog sitting. There is NO line.Today I'm using some new but mostly old pictures. Yesterday, later in the afternoon I walked the yard and the bug bites were huge going right through my clothes. So, I'm doing the second best thing after the first being fresh pictures.
Comments
Post a Comment