Wednesday

 

Summer has arrived.  It doesn't stay very long in the U P.  Look for a lot of cold rain appearing the middle of August. Camping season was over for us at that point with our little boy campers wearing winter clothes.  Now the sides are all rolled up in the dining fly with a great card game in progress.. But sweat shirts are evident. The wooden camp kitchen was built by Eric O. for us more than 50 years ago.  It's called an antique now. It  belongs to JB and Kimmy. I would bet it will move on to one of the kids at some point. Eric O's camp kitchen will live in infamey.

Another simple day.  I'm liking them a whole lot.  Living today has been  pretty slow with a good wake up and then morning stuff and then to the chair with knitting.  I finished another scarf during the morning hours.  I need to do a few other things.  Will that happen?  I'm not so sure.  Retirement sometimes brings nothing much that fits in well with me.

While knitting I  spent sometime with the TV gov. hearing using the mute button more than I thought I would.  I think talk is useless when folks have no intentions of listening
to each other. 

                        A welcomed sight this time of year just off the patio.  Never to be missed. 

                                  This is number one for the summer of 2026.  Dinner plate in size.

Lunch happened.  Then it was time to liberate the garden.  I avoided the morning grass that always honors me with wet feet..  The cart followed me around again filling to the top with clippings.  I snipped a lot of big zinnias letting the plant do a bit of work producing more zinnias in another week or so.  All the dill and verbena that was pushed over by the storm got a good clipping.  A lot of dill ended up in the cart. And with all of that removed I found cleome trying to grow up through it all.  They have free range now with nothing to impede their growth. 

                        A riot of color teasing the butterflies.  And a wonderful sight for the eye.

So the garden will once again change with new things growing where the old verbena was too tired to stand up covering other plants.  It was so good to be in the garden with color everywhere, the temperatures reasonable and the ground filled with water.  It gave me a great feeling of satisfaction.  Cannas are still to show color so more surprises are coming.  The Dahlias are looking great with the first Laurel plant with a surprise flower. 

            There will be many more Laurel surprises before fall is over. . This one is big button size.     More buds are forming. 

Then came the sounds of the lawn mower folks along with  a very long sleep.  Woo.  How does that happen?  It must be the chair.   

As long as the cucumbers get a lot of water, they just keep on producing.  There is nothing like a cold cuke in a garden salad with tomatoes, green peppers  and a few other things. The purchased lettuce is washed and used sparingly. 

I spent the rest of the day waking up, realizing there was still some irritating stomach pain that took me to I U North a few weeks ago.  I'm wondering if I'm yogurt intolerant?  That would be sad. I just need some time to figure this out.  The surgeon said...eat more smaller meals.  That's not working so well. 

                     

            It's the cup plant season.  Such beautiful tall stately plants with many clear yellow flowers.

There was some texting with friend Olivia.  Her mother Ramona is starting Palliative care with a first session tomorrow at Community North.  Ra's grandson will be taking her.  I have the Friday eye appointment responsibility.  

So the day felt like a lazy summer day.  I name that good.  There are things left over for Thursday.  Not much but something to start the day.  Elijah floats through my head at times. That makes life even better. Thank you Mr. Mendelson. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday

Monday

Monday