Monday

 Last night I took a garden walk and decided that the Dahlias needed more water.  My little book about Dahlia growing given to me by Laurel Dahlia made that a big point.  Dahlias like water to make flowers.  I thought there would be rain by morning but guess what.  There was lightening and thunder early around 5 but the rain stayed north of us.  So after my morning stuff the Dahlias got a deep drink of water starting at 7:30.  They drank till 8 am.  Now there is a chance of rain tonight again but if that happens, I'll call that a bonus gift.

The cart followed me around until it was full of throw away parts of plants.  I pushed so many bumble bees out of bed.  Old Zinnia blooms seemed to be their HOLIDAY Hilton Hotel choice of rest. After the big dump at B Blue I gathered together all the necessary papers, tomatoes, cucumbers and more and loaded up the car.  

Noblesville Hobby Lobby was my first stop. That was the second visit since the first visit proved to me that there was fabric in that store that would work.  That town is not a stranger to me any more.  I left the store with fabric.  Enough for the six banners.  But my favorite thread was no where in that store.  The next stop was a dud.  Not the right kind of thread.  Certainly my sewing machine store would have it.  They recommended Guttermann years ago.  I have bought a lot of white and black on line.  Well, I ended up with a new bran.  Cheaper Clark thread shreds and messes up the machine causing more machine break down. So spend more money on thread and the machine is fine.  Thread, these days is really expensive.  4 little spools came to over 24 dollars.  Gee Wizz.  Is it the tariffs?

Then it was on to church to present all the bills. The road would take me right through the first day of the State Fair.  Yikes! I did a detour that cut out some traffic, arriving at church without much trouble

Years ago the church created  a visual arts fund that receives gifts at Easter.  I guard this pot of money religiously!  So the fund pays these bills where the banners will hang.  Woo.  Thanks be to God.  The copy machine was used to make patterns for the banners the correct size.  So parts are coming together to get this project on the road, soon than later. Oh, yes...I left the vegetables at church for tomorrow's Bread and Bowl visitors to take home. 

Then the clock said a bit after 12 and I was on the way home for lunch and the chance to find the green chair.  I pulled in an extra table from the garage and laid out all the morning work.  The thought now is finding the starting place to begin. What needs to happen first and so on.  

Lately one half day of work seems to be enough so the afternoon slowed a bit.  Well it didn't ;come to a total stop. Just slowed a bit because I managed to cut a front and back for each banners.  The white Maltese Cross is finished and attached to the fabric.  Woo. The fun part is starting.  We're at the very beginning as heard in the Sound of Music. Music is playing in my head.

Supper happened at our monthly Northside North get together at McAlister's.  What a good gift to have on a busy day. Bob and Rita went with us since there is another glitch in the Carmel roads getting to the restaurant.  Yes...it's summer time and there are orange cones in every town I've been driving through these last  couple of weeks.  That includes Carmel, Westfield, Fishers, Noblesville and Indianapolis. There seem to be at least a million in each of these towns.  I've missed Zionsville because I haven't been there.  Maybe I should go just to see how they match all the others that I mentioned. At this point, I'm sure they match without checking.  I would bet on that.

As I write, two B B games are scheduled for tonight.  I don't think we get those channels.  Tomorrow evening is another HUGE FEVER GAME at home, this time with New York.  Woo. Some tough games are coming.  I'm sure I'll be ready right along with the Fever.  Let's hope the refs get it right this time.  They need to practice discipline at all times!!!!! Well, that's my humble opinion even if it isn't humble all the time. A church staff friend of long ago, now living in the Cleveland area and I will text all through the game.  What a great way to visit when all else fails. Friends like Nancy are forever friends.

The topper for the day was a phone visit with Rick.  It was great to hear from him.  Rick is Doug's middle brother living in Dallas.  Next time we should face time.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday

Monday

Saturday