Saturday
It's been spurts of busy and spurts of lazy. It's my kind of day at least for today. The thunder is rolling as I type. It would seem a big, huge, impressive storm is coming our way. I hope the garden survives.
The day started with rain. My job was to do some cutting in the garden for a 9:00 church arrival time to do some flowers for the altar. I moved it to ten allowing for a clothes change. Heidi also did some garden cutting and we met at 10 in the sanctuary. And here are the results.
Left side arrangement. I posted these pictures on Face Book today. Messing was a lot of fun.
he afternoon lead to burp sewing, knitting and watching women's basketball. The Fever really turned it on last night with more than 100 points to win again. There were two good games this afternoon. If you haven't seen any game, I would encourage you to try at least one.
I took a lot of garden pictures this afternoon hoping the storm will not do too much damage. You will see drifts of flowers that are in the southern part of the garden. Years of gardening in the same place help to make that happen.
Two Grasses, Artemisia, Black-eyed Susan's and tall Golden Rod. Cup plant, Black-eyed Susan's and Forsythia bush. Milkweed and Artemisia.
The Dahlias are beginning to show beginning blooms again. Some I've seen and there are new ones soon. This Dahlia looks like it will be huge and yellow. We'll soon get the results.
This Dahlia has repeated itself at least 4 or more times already this year. One plant that was started from seed this spring already has a lot of buds. And the one that was just a little shoot that broke off from the root is growing and looking good. My Dahlia growing friends say, they just love to grow no matter what. All now are tied to stakes or are living inside of cages on their way to being beautiful.
So life is good, interesting and busy which is what we all need to make a difference in the world. Another basketball game is playing now. We'll see if and when the storm reaches us and all is right with the world. Well, sort of.
Comments
Post a Comment