Sunday
So far, so good. Remember those little 4 words. Well, they come in handy today
Remember the sabbath day to keep it holy.It's Sunday, Sunday. And we were off to church a little earlier today wanting to join grandson Andrew while singing in the summer choir. And we did. It was fun and the best of all was singing a Bach piece. Easy and beautiful as only Bach does from time to time. I've sung some tough ones but today was easy. It was a delight to see Andrew again back home from a summer of working at the church camp that he attended as a kid.
A very sad morning. It's tear down time with Copper Harbor over. I'll never forget that feeling.It was the blessings of the back=packs today so both grandsons appeared with the backpack group. The group went from pre-school to teachers. It was communion Sunday with liturgy from the monetary at Iona Scotland. Wonderfully written and I commended Darren on selecting the something new to me liturgy written so meaningly well. Only Iona does something like that well.
There was a lot of visiting after church with good friends. It was hard to leave but leave we did only to call friend Heidi on the phone on the way home to talk about the October Communion Sunday. The emphasis will be on international inclusivism since that Sunday is World Wide Communion Sunday even thought it is not really a world wide communion event.
Its loaded and ready for a long drive back home.I'm meeting with James and Heidi Horton tomorrow afternoon to get a visual plan in place for that Sunday. Something new is coming! Not unusual for North at all. We'll see where our brains take us.
The afternoon included following the fourth ranked Fever as they played Minnesota as they are the first ranked team. The Fever lost but it was a good game with both teams scoring 100 or more points.
The rest of the afternoon was spent thinking about stuff rather than being outside. Rain, rain which was just fine with me. There is a lot to think about that keeps me going like button holes that need to be made in all the preacher garbs for the mic to be strung through. I hate thinking about button holing. But when I get started it's usually successful depending on the fabric and the backing that strengthens the hole..
The day continued on with small meals that helped to sooth the stomach. It's an on going thing that just needs to continue to be on going. Today's "lunch" of a chopped up peach with yogurt was delicious.
Three of my favorite five with Arnie. The camp site is clean and ready for the next campers.So Onward and Forward. Three little words that keep the direction true will continue. Yes words for the mind that reminds me of an answer I gave to a choir friend who asked...What do you miss about choir. My answer was singing the words. Musical notes support such good words to live by. So when I read the words in the bulletin as the choir sings them, I say them just as I noticed another parishioner today doing that very thing as we sang Bach.
Comments
Post a Comment