Sunday

 So, Sunday happened again as it has done for many, many years with 52 each year.  There are a lot of Sunday's in ones life time.  We added one more today.

The morning started with it's usual stuff.  There was a lot of time to do patio sitting.  What a beautiful place to spend a morning no matter which one during a week.  The humming bird came to get a sweet drink followed by the Monarch.  One can recognize a Monarch from far away by it's flight pattern.  It seems to be spinning out of control with large spirts of energy never flying in a very straight line.  I would say it's crazy in flight.  

I went on to Facebook and heard and saw Martin playing on his new organ.  Then heard a wonderful rendition of a benediction the choir has sung many times  Aron's blessing..The Lord Bless You and Keep You. The Lord make his face to shine upon you.   I wish I could play it here for you. It's so beautiful. 

There was time to count my blessings of which there were many.  Then it was off to church feeling like I had already been to church on the patio.  

Jill's sermon, this morning was themed around  storms of life we all have and how we might think of moving our minds to the healer of all storms just as he came to the disciples as they were storm tossed.  The music and visuals all pointed toward the one who is the chief provider of all needs.

The Chasubles were returned to the sacristy ready to be worn for the coming communion Sunday.  I picked up a banner to bring home to remind me of size and construction.  The big do for this coming week will be fabric purchase and perhaps beginning construction for the next set of banners for WW Communion Sunday.

I spent a little time in the afternoon doing some Goodwill shopping for banner material.  Yes, that really is true.  What goes inside the banner has been a mystery for me.  That became real to me when I did repair work on some of our banners..  What really works well giving a banner a bit of weight is bath towels on the inside, of course.  So I found two at Nora Goodwill.  2 bucks a piece isn't to bad for a towel that seems to be pretty new to me. Just four more towels to go.  

The Dahlias got more ties to keep them safe.  They are getting taller as we speak. The rest of the afternoon was spent on basketball.  There were two games in the afternoon and there is still one to come this evening.  The games are getting a bit scrappy as we near the end of the season.  Fever kids are back in fourth place.  Yes, they are kids to me. You have got to love their effort.  

So another Sunday is in the book.  Another chapter. Another first day of the week. I'm ready for Monday. I'll be shopping fabric for sure. No buying, come to think of it. 

The hope this week is that Andrew will be coming to get pictures back on the blog.  I'm just a generation to old to figure this all out so hail to the fixit guy, Andrew.  That's my hope, anyways.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday

Monday

Saturday