Sunday

 Last night was a long sleep.  Hooray!  Could eliminating some responsibilities make that so?  I'm beginning to think so.  So the morning at home was shorter than usual.  I took time to check on my Dahlia children.  All are just fine.  

On the way to church we stopped at Rita's to pick up some clams for Bread and Bowl folks.  Rita attaches a label to the clams with instructions on how to heat the food.  Then off to church just in time to hear the choir rehearse again.  That's so important to us. We get a double anthem for the morning.  

Heidi sat with us and there was lots of planning conversation before church and much more after church that involved upcoming Advent activities.  We will again extend an invitation to folks to visit the nativities that can be found through out the church in December.  We have a week day in mind.  Perhaps more if asked. 

The sermon words forgiving and reconciliation are a part of the Joseph story that we heard in great detail.  We need to live with those two words also.  

And yes, once again Doug and I were a part of the last group to leave the church.  

Patty took home five of the six banners.  I wasn't pleased with one so number six got a little help this afternoon.  I'll move it on to Patty very soon. In the mean time, I'll work on the hanging solution this week ready to attach them when the banners arrive back home. 

Lunch happened and I took a garden walk to check out the milkweed.  Doug found two cats and an egg yesterday.  I couldn't let him have all the fun. Sharing is important.  On my walk around, I found two more cats.  Woo.  Monarchs are coming.  Mrs. M. was sitting on flowers and flitting through the air as I hunted.  They are in the protective cage munching away where the predator wasps can't get to them.  

The rest of the day was pretty quite.  I did about 10 minutes of cutting with fabric. There wasn't much on the calendar and I took advantage of that.  

Last night's basketball games were between the number one and three teams.  It was an exciting game with Minnesota, number one winning. The Fever number four team play the number five team at 5 this afternoon.  The Fever team is not favored to win. 

The skies are looking gray this early evening.  True to prediction I think it's going to rain.  I received two texts this afternoon.  One from Ohio relatives and one from neighbors now in Ecuador wondering how the rain/floods affected us.  So far all is well. But for many others it's not good at all. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monday

Tuesday

Saturday