Wednesday
What a strange day. I'm thinking weather. I wanted to keep the warm inside instead of letting in the cold. Strange for August, I would say. Then there were the rain storms with thunder and rain down pours just like when we receive hurricane rain from the south. There was a lot of that for sure. So it was a pretty much an inside day. The lawn guys didn't come. Garbage pick up was early. It certainly was just a different kind of summer day.
So what was I up to. I would say I was at the sewing machine for the whole day. And the first part of many parts has been complete. How many parts to come? I haven't counted. When I'm finished and the banners are at church, I'll know. I'm happy to say that I'm on the way. Sometimes starting is the hardest part. Now if I didn't like to do this kind of project , I might be complaining. But working with fabric and just letting the pattern come as it will is fun for me. I must admit pattern following drives me nuts trying to create something that someone else did, especially if it's complicated. So it was a colorful day with red, green, blue, black, yellow and white fabric. That's my kind of world.
Between the rain storms Doug picked up sticks and leaves and other stuff in the lawn. He always does that for the lawn guys. He might need to do that again tomorrow morning. I suspect the mowers will be back then. Doug also did a pharmacy run between rain showers.
The bird visitor today was the hummingbird. There were so many visits to the feeder making me think that the cooler weather today made him think of migration. I will admit I couldn't read what he was thinking...that is if birds think.
I called a cousin hearing about his adjusting to a lot of different cancers. I don't think I've talked to him for 20 years. I was a baby sitter for he and his five siblings when I was about 13 years old. The three boys are scattered all over the states. The three girls still live where they grew up. Five of them have had some form of cancer. That seems so unusual. Maybe not. It just makes me wonder.
And for the record. Today in 1967 we said I do which has brought a wonderful life together.
The Fever won last night. I think their next game is Friday. Football in America is tomorrow evening. I'm looking for more WNBA tonight somewhere in these USA.
Comments
Post a Comment