Wednesday
There is not to much to write about tonight but I do have some news. So it was up early and because I was off Hydrocodone for two day I drove myself around 8 o'clock to the doctors. And there is more news now. The shoulder Xray showed there is tendonitis. So the pain is not exactly in my head. It's in my shoulder. Well, at least that's where the Xray picture was taken. It can hurt other places but I suspect that is referred pain. So there you have it now. What I think is bad news is that Tendonitis can take a long time to heal. The doctor added...don't expect a quick fix. I'm back on Hydro cone. No driving until the pain disappears when no pain medicine is needed. Sleeping last night was impossible so the chair was the place to be once again. I'm going to try a pill before sleeping with the hope it lasts until the next evening. I'll be back with another doctor visit next Wed. When I asked for more details, this is what I got. Tendons hook muscles to the bone. There is a little snip in the tendon. That needs to heal to make the tendon strong again. It doesn't happen quickly. I made the tendon unhappy with repetitive movements. There was a lot of that when I was cutting fabric. Way to much with a tendon that is old. What else is new? Sometimes I think I'll never learn.
So other than that news, there wasn't much. I did a garden walk. Snipped a few more flowers and pitched the dead ones. I cleaned out the butterfly cage since all the cats are now in their j shape or chrysalis stage. The cage was a poopy mess. I did a bit of knitting which is sort of a no, no. Repetitive work isn't good for sore tendons. I think B and B bag preparation fits in that category. Right now Sept. bags are taken care of.
So what else did I do. SLEEP. That is what the Med. does. It makes me sleep. I hate that during the day. Sleep is for night. There could be a change if I don't need med. for the daylight hours. It's all an experiment. So tonight there will be a pill and we'll see what tomorrow brings.
Tomorrow is the first PT. My buddy Michael and I will be working out. Well, I'll be doing the work come to think of it. He just brings the orders that should help me to heal. We'll see how quickly.
So there is a solution and I am grateful.
Comments
Post a Comment