Friday

 

Finally, one of three Mexican Sunflowers.  They were slow pokes this year.  Maybe they needed water.

It's Blog Time!  I usually write just after supper but today I'm writing before supper. So we'll see how this goes.  There will be picture taking after supper for sure. 

                            Remember last night's picture.  This little gem just needed more time.

So what was today like?  The only thing I have been thinking more about today are burps.  I've been on a huge roll. I was tearing fabric way before Doug opened his eyes.  And I ripped a bunch of burps.  Doug's just across the hall from the sewing room and never hears me.  The TV did the talking and I listened.  The goal was to rip enough to get to a total of 100. 40 are finished. Well, I blew that right out of the room.  There are more and that's a good thing.  After ripping and folding fabric it was time for lunch.  Woo.  That was finished for the day.


                                                                        Another seedling.  

Lunch happened and I decided it really was time to hit the Y with no excuses today.  So I drove the two miles south and walked the treadmill for a mile and then the new step for another 20 minutes all the while listening to Chopin and walking through Alberta on the screen.  I should have picked something else to watch but there will be a next time for sure.  I love that quiet by myself time at the Y. 


                                                                                To be Swallowtail.

Tonight I found 3 on the Parsley. I think the rest may be in a chrysalis by now. The neighbor I visited today has 5 on her parsley.  I call it a bumper crop but at the wrong time of the year perhaps.

Then there was a stop for broccoli and onions on the way home.  Once again Facebook cooks did the following...broccoli...just the top tops.  Then onions. Then eggs and I think cheese.  It's been a while since I heard.  Then make that into patties and fry in olive oil.  I'm not so sure I like the fried part but I'll give it a try.  


                        Beautiful Monarch surrounded with many, many Painted Lady butterflies.

Back home on the ranch and it was time to fold clothes.  Once again Doug being the washer.  That's such a gift to me.  The rest of the afternoon saw me sitting at the sewing machine.  40 burps now have gotten their first sew around.  Twenty more to go for another day.  Tonight I might start to trim the first sew around group.  Yes, there are a lot of steps but all keep me going and doing making a difference for babies and their mothers. 


Now a report on the broccoli dish.  If you wanted your children to eat broccoli, this could be one way.  Doug thought adding spicy sausage could help.  I added cheese and bread crumbs.  I think I'll put this broccoli recipe somewhere to forget it. There were a lot of dirty dishes to clean up the cooking mess.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monday

66

3 plus 1 = Jared...Dee.