Saturday

 Saturday all day long and I thought it was time to spend a little time in the garden.  So I did but not before...

                                                                                Pink Cleome
            If flowers can make it through the heat of the summer, I think they look their best in the fall.
                                                 I wonder what kind of but is flying near by.

The day started with the sewing machine.  There were 20 more burps needing attention which lead to a total of 60 ready for trimming.  And I got that completed in a jiffy.  Yes...60 ready for the last sew around completing the job.  It was a dedicated week proving to myself that it could happen.  So after an almost all morning of sewing, Doug was ready to hit Aldi's with me.  We did the usual quick run through getting what we needed for the week.  I looked at Halloween candy for a contribution to Trunk and Treat at church but decided that the big bag of candy added up to a fourth of our weekly budget for our healthy eating needs.  Then there would be candy for our own neighborhood tricksters. So for now, the candy stayed on the shelf.  

                       Purple Cleome.  They come in different colors.  God does a pretty good job!

So it was on home for lunch.  And then with a change to cooler cloths I was out and about with the garden cart and the hedge clippers.  Oops.  Needing a battery charge gave me a retrieve from work for about 30 minutes.  It was hot work but I pretty much accomplished what I wanted to do although I could have added to the work time adding another bed that needed clearing. The Big Blues should be full again by Wed..  All the clipping from the herbs will make the B.B. smell great.  I clipped flowers for the house, one of my favorite activities.  

                                                                                        Dahlia

Neighbor Ginna stopped by and we had a great visit.  She was working in her garden taking a break. We looked for caterpillars and found a slew of them on the Rue.  Some tiny and some looking ready to make the change into a chrysalis soon,

                          I found this on the Rue.  Black instead of green.  Hum...Black Swallowtail?
                                        Not more than three inches away from the black caterpillar.

Back inside and the choice was either knitting or sewing machine.  I watched the football game, worked on the blog and ate some grapes along with a dish of ice cream spending some time loafing in the green chair. I gave myself a big pay day after all that yard work.

I printed off the first round for the WNBA that starts tomorrow afternoon with the Fever game at 4 against the Aces from Las Vegas.  There are four games tomorrow starting at 2,4,7,9 on ABC. Tuesday the Fever play at 6:30   Tuesday there are two games and Wed. there are two games.  Team match ups are the same. It's the best of three so if the Fever can win the first two there is no need for number three. I figured that out!  Bring it on!!!

Doug did the major pick up for all the yard clippings I managed to rake together.  What a guy. That help inspires me to do more wondering if I can turn the pick up job into a Doug habit.  Maybe I should try or maybe not. The north side of the back yard is also filled with Lazy Susan's tired and leaning over!   Lazy goes with almost October.  

                    Pot Marigolds.  Now where did they get that name.  Do they look like Marigolds? In this                    picture there also are regular Marigolds along with a great zinnia plant still looking good.

Tomorrow is church day.  The six WWC banners will be delivered with a work morning scheduled for Oct. 1st.  And you should believe that we're thinking Xmas already.  So the beat goes on.  Oh, yes there is a lot of church visuals that will happen in between those two events. The summer and early fall things are a bit slow but then it's over drive until after Easter. There is a lot to celebrate.  We'll get 'er done as we usually do. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monday

3 plus 1 = Jared...Dee.

66